PDA

View Full Version : Triple K mags

Nora
11-12-2009, 08:40 PM
I've been looking for a couple of .22 mags for a High Standard that I've got. Numrich has HS replacements for $37.80. Cheaper Than Dirt also sells a Triple K for $21.97. Does any one know if these are are any good? Or just spend the extra for an HS?

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=160780B&chrSuperSKU=160780&MC=&CatID=8400&mySort=2
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG160-36.html

Thanks in advance

Nora

Harry O
11-12-2009, 09:50 PM
The Triple-K I have are a ***. However, they are sometimes the only game in town if you have an odd or little known handgun. They are made of steel that is too soft. It works when you first get it, but if you leave it loaded for any length of time, the lips will spread and the bullets will ride too high and jam. It is difficult to insert or remove the magazine with spread lips. In addition, the other tolerances are sometimes hit or miss.

I have had some luck with them by trying them to make sure they work. In a couple of cases, I had to move the notch (with a file) in the magazine to get it to lock and unlock easier. Then I take them apart and heat the lips until they get red and then quench it in a cup of cold water. I also never leave them loaded for any length of time. Load them and shoot them. They work better that way, but if you can get factory ones for twice as much as the Triple-K, I would get the higher priced ones.

NuJudge
11-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I have several Triple K magazines made for the Polish Radom. They fit and feed fine, but they do not actuate the slide hold back when the magazine is empty.

I would get Triple K magazines if they were the only game in town, but not otherwise.

CDD

Bent Ramrod
11-12-2009, 10:32 PM
I had one for an H&R .25 autopistol and have one for a Savage 23B rifle. They work(ed) OK, but I didn't leave either of them loaded for any length of time.

The 23B magazine has a floorplate that is not finished very well, and the sharp edges can scrape your hands if you aren't careful. Like Harry O says, sometimes they're the only game in town.

NickSS
11-13-2009, 06:20 AM
Buy the better magazine the tripple Ks are not very good I recently bought a couple of 1911 mags and still have one. They worked but one did not last long. The lips spread apart and the ammo flew out after being loaded for a month.