PDA

View Full Version : "new adventures..."

exile
11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
1. I bought one of the new Ruger Blackhawk Flattops in .41 magnum. I have never owned a Blackhawk before, but compared to Rugers that I have handled and dry-fired, this one has excellent fit, finish, trigger pull etc.,.

2. I am going (Lord willing) deer hunting this season (11/14/09 - 11/22/09). I have never been before and my health keeps me from being the most active hunter, so prayers would be appreciated. I am going to try to keep my shots to about fifteen yards. Where i will be going, I think that will be doable, although I don't know for sure.

I fired six rounds through it today to check on sight adjustment etc.,. Unfortunately, I will be hunting with factory ammo since deer season is upon us. Afterwards, I will work up a good cast boolit load. My apologies to the forum.

exile

9.3X62AL
11-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Well, good luck with that--irrespective of your ammo restrictions. Medical crapola torpedoed the tag end of my deer season this year, too. Hoping to get some more quail and chukar work accomplished after Thanksgiving. I have come to the conclusion that there is no time of year that a medical procedure can be done that won't screw up hunting or fishing of some kind.