PDA

View Full Version : RCE & Corbin Swage Dies .224 & 38spl

swage86
11-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Hello,

I've got some RCE & Corbin swage dies that I'll probably never use again. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in them for purchase before I go through all the trouble of taking pictures and documenting everything. If there is some interest I'll start working on it. If not I guess they'll continue to sit on the shelf.

All the dies are 5/8" for the Mighty Mite & Silver press series or any of their presses that used that size. I understand they both make adapters to allow them to be used in their newer Walnut Hill presses.

I have the following:

1 set of 38 special wadcutter swage die for lead bullets. In addition there's a floating punch holder and (4) core mold inserts to make 5/16" cores for this.

Initially I thought I had (3) sets of ULD/VLD .224 rebated boattail dies but upon my inventory and inspection I have (1) 6 die custom set. This does not include a core swage. I already had a core swage so I didn't need to buy one. They can be purchased for under $150 from RCE. You only need one and then adjust the punch holder for what ever size you need or buy extra punch holders as I did.

The 6 die set includes the following:
RB1, RB2, point form dies for 8S, 12S & 15S open tip and a lead tip die/point closing die.
8S is similar to 75 gr Hornady boattail match

12S is similar to 80 gr Sierra boattail match

15S is similar to Berger 80 gr VLD
6 die sets go for over $1000 at Corbin.

I have 12 floating punch holders so each step including core swaging can have it's own setup. These go for $45 each at RCE & Corbin.

The ogives are similar to the bullets I've mentioned but with the rebated boattail, they're not the same.

Thanks!!

MIBULLETS
11-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Swage86, you have a PM waiting.

ETG
11-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Interested in 8S depending on price.

NoZombies
11-11-2009, 03:38 AM
my bad... what price?

swage86
11-11-2009, 09:56 AM
my bad... what price?

No price yet. As I mentioned I only wanted to know if there was any interest and if I should go thru the trouble of documenting everything and taking pictures and coming up with a price. I need to inspect each item to make sure all is ok. Looks like there is some interest so I'll proceed. It's very time consuming getting all that together. You guys deserve good pics and doc on what you may spend hard earned dollars for. It may take a few days.

I am looking to sell it all as a group and I won't be offended if someone who buys it all resells pieces of it.

I also have some extras that I don't know yet if I'll include them or sell them separately til I do an inventory.

ANeat
11-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Im sure you could move everything at a fair price.

any jackets, lead wire or any of the "consumables" as well

ron brooks
11-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I too am intersted.

Ballard
11-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I would be interested in the 15S, depending on price.

swage86
11-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Hello Again,

I've completed my inventory and inspection and took pictures. I'm starting to put everything together to post and come up with a price. You guys will have to bear with me on the price as I'll do my best to see what it's all worth.

I've updated my initial post above (since they let me do that) and had to make a huge change. Upon my inspection, I don't have 3 separate die sets but a custom 6 die set that allowed me to make all the bullets I mentioned but not duplicate dies to keep the cost down. Looking at my emails with RCE, he suggested I didn't need duplicate dies. He's a great guy and won't rip you off. I didn't try to mislead anyone as I only wanted to initially find out if anyone was interested. Sorry!!

I'll be posting everything soon.

Thanks for all your interest!!