PDA

View Full Version : Lead in the wood stove

roarindan
11-10-2009, 09:12 AM
After I load up some Cast bullets,I step out the door and test for acc,recoil,ect. by shooting into either the stack of wood 50 yrd away with rifle, or the one 40 ft away for the pistols. soooo the other day I'm loading the outside furnace,and I see a glob of what looks like lead in the grates. well i fish it out and it doesnt have any heft to it.its about 3 in. long and reminds me of a puddle of candle wax. I dont know if this is bullets or not,as sometimes I split the wood down to recover the lead,and dont get all of it. if it is bullet lead ,wheres the weight??
Thank You.

dhansen
11-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Almost sounds like some aluminum got in the woodpile. :?:

Shiloh
11-10-2009, 09:28 AM
It isn't lead.

Shiloh

beagle
11-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Sounds like someone put some aluminum pop cans in the stove. Never can tell what's in wood. I drug an old stump down the hill last year and set it afire. Took two days to burn. When I was stirring it up, there was an old axe head in it./beagle

Hardcast416taylor
11-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Beagle. Did you look the axe head over carefully? There are a lot of Winchester axe`s still around in the darndest places!Robert

beagle
11-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I still have it in the garage. It's pretty rusted and pitted and I don't know if a logo still exists on it. Been there a long time. Big old box elder stump./beagle