PDA

View Full Version : THANKYOU, Kenny Wasserburger

Boz330
11-09-2009, 03:08 PM
A while back I got a Steve Brooks mold from Mike Rix which allowed me to put 71gr of 2F in a 40-65 High Wall and this performed quite well.
I acquired a Ballard Rifle and Wyoming Armory went over this gun for me and in the process it received a new Badger Barrel. Both guns were chambered with the same reamer and Badger 16 twist barrels. The Ballard didn't seem to like that same load, but with another similar boolit and 64gr of 2F it was showing promise. I really like the Brooks mold but the same 71gr load wasn't getting it done. So I tried your wad combination from your 45-110, 060 veggy wad, 060 poly wad, and 1/8" cork wad. This allowed 65gr of 2F with .200 compression and the boolit up in the rifling. Last month I scored a 3rd in our clubs brand of silly wets. The misses were way too close so I tried again this month and "VIOLA" I won the match by 5 points back to 2nd who was my shooting buddy who normally kicks my a$$. I tied my best ever 600yd score, so I was a pretty happy camper.
I'm not sure why that combination works but in this gun it does. I would have never tired that load if left to my own devices, so thanks.

Bob

Kenny Wasserburger
11-09-2009, 06:03 PM
BOZ330,

Congrats on the win and your welcome.

I would like to always be remembered for the sharing of Info, more then Matches Won.

KW
The Lunger

kodiak1
11-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Who was that maked man?

Noble sort of fella.

Just poken fun at ya Kenny.

Ken.

Kenny Wasserburger
11-09-2009, 10:54 PM
:p:-P

Awwww Shucks.[smilie=w::kidding:

KW

The Lunger

:lovebooli

Idaho Sharpshooter
11-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Go Lunger!!

I would rather be remembered as the soldier in the Veteran's Home with the most paternity suits filed against him after age seventy! But, hey! We all want to make our mark.

Rich

1874Sharps
11-10-2009, 01:27 PM
We are all in debt to such shooters who share their expertise and success with fellow shooters! Alot of guys would guard their load info and proceedures like a CIA secret so that the competition will not benefit. I could only make shots like KW makes in my dreams. Maybe I will try that tonight!

Boz330
11-10-2009, 01:49 PM
We are all in debt to such shooters who share their expertise and success with fellow shooters! Alot of guys would guard their load info and proceedures like a CIA secret so that the competition will not benefit. I could only make shots like KW makes in my dreams. Maybe I will try that tonight!

Roger that. In reality the only person that I need to beat is me. Oh and my shooting buddy, (for harassment value only). My competitive days are 30 years behind me and I was into other competitive pursuits at that time of my life. There is only so much time and money to spread about.
I just enjoy shooting the old calibers with BP. Most of the people that I have met are more than willing to share tips as I try to do when I can.:drinks:

Bob