PDA

View Full Version : bullet/boolit puller

shotman
11-09-2009, 02:49 AM
here is one I found that works very good and you wont belive it . I was in shop and had about 10 old shells that had been damaged. thought I would pull bullet and scrap the brass.
Put in vice and got a set of plyers. looked over on table and had a copper tube flaring tool. It has several pipe sizes. I will Give it a try clamped it around bullet and one twist had bullet in the clamp. HEY it had new lube grooves too

lwknight
11-14-2009, 01:35 AM
This gives me another idea. Lead boolits are hard to pull without a kinetic puller.
I have the flaring block that has handles that you squeeze to close the block.
I could thearetically put a round in the press without dies and run it out the top
and clamp the block onto the bullet and lift the press handle.
This will be worth a try. If lucky, no more whacking the floor with the kinetic puller.

stubshaft
11-14-2009, 02:30 AM
I put the cartridge in the shell holder, raise the ram and lock a vise grip onto the boolit. When I raise the handle the boolit is pulled out.

dromia
11-14-2009, 05:56 PM
I put the cartridge in the shell holder, raise the ram and lock a vise grip onto the boolit. When I raise the handle the boolit is pulled out.

Ditto only I use a pair of pliers, then remelt the boolit.

stephen perry
11-14-2009, 06:24 PM
I would either use an RCBS bullet puller in my Press or a pair of pliers depending how mad I was at the moment either way the bullet goes back in the pot.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR :brokenima

lwknight
11-14-2009, 06:48 PM
I use the channel lock pliers too. I just thought that saving the boolit might not be a bad idea if it was easily doable

dromia
11-14-2009, 07:01 PM
I've got a puckle of 8 x 58RD rounds to pull.

Annealed cases with a partial neck resize just didn't give enough neck tension for the N135 I was using. :cry:

So I'll pull the boolits with the pliers and recast them, quicker than using the kinetic puller and easier on reclaiming the pooder.

canyon-ghost
11-14-2009, 08:02 PM
I have a kinetic bullet puller but, after finding out the 9mm Lugers I'd loaded were too hot, I found that the hammering excessively was too much work. I had quite a number to pull and the case neck tension had me swatting wood for ages. Asked the guys on this forum, they said use vice grips. It worked, and here's a photo of the setup, small needlenosed vice grips and the old RC.
Appreciate ya guys,
Ron

TAWILDCATT
11-14-2009, 10:33 PM
I run the rd into a sizing die the length of the bullet.and use a shell holder in the impact hammer.