PDA

View Full Version : ??? on New NOE Mold...

Russ in WY
11-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Just got my 1st one & as per instruction's need to season it . Heating up to 350º a couple times. I have read that many use a Hot Plate to bring mold's up to temp before casting. Do you put them directly on the hot plate or use a some type of metal defuser/ piece of cast iron or something else to set the mold on ??? TIA for any feed back.. Russ.

BCall
11-08-2009, 10:12 PM
I have a piece of 1/8" plate I set on top of my hot plate and set my molds on that. I don't know if it makes a difference, but it is more stable. I did my NOE mold in the oven. Cleaned it and set it in an old throw away pie pan. Billy

KYCaster
11-08-2009, 11:38 PM
I use old circular saw blades...don't know if helps with the heat, but it sure is more stable.

Jerry

Calamity Jake
11-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Just got my 1st one & as per instruction's need to season it . Heating up to 350º a couple times. I have read that many use a Hot Plate to bring mold's up to temp before casting. Do you put them directly on the hot plate or use a some type of metal defuser/ piece of cast iron or something else to set the mold on ??? TIA for any feed back.. Russ.

Yap any kind of plate between the mold and hot plate heating element will help distribute the heat better, been doing it for over 25 years.

I also heat my NOE molds in the oven for 3 cycles then clean again before casting.