PDA

View Full Version : My wife aged 40 now has stage 3 Ovarian Cancer

The Virginian
11-08-2009, 05:32 AM
She is not dead, but I can not imagine life with out her after only spending less than 2 decades with her. She collapsed on Halloween night and had to be rushed to the hospital and Monday they found it during exploratory surgery. When they told me and she was in the CCU I turned to Jell-o in the parking lot and cried like a baby for two days on and off. My Dad is a doctor and was able to tell me the real state of her condition and that she can live a long time, be disease free and manage the disease. I pray she does not die from it soon and that we can get her well. I am trying to keep up a good attitude and I know I must for her, but it is very hard right now. I am getting better at it everyday. She took the news much better than I did since she is a scientist and now can focus on fighting it. It is going to be a long road and I pray she gets through it.

imashooter2
11-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I have nothing to offer but prayers and sympathy. You have both.:(

AJ Peacock
11-08-2009, 10:04 AM
All my best wishes for you and your wife. I've been married for 22 years and truly feel for you.

Prayers heading your way.

AJ

philthephlier
11-08-2009, 10:06 AM
I have nothing to offer but prayers and sympathy. You have both.

May God be with you and your family.

cajun shooter
11-08-2009, 11:16 AM
It's good to talk to other people in your time of need. This forum is filled with hundreds of friends that you don't know you have. We are a family here and if you need any thing please ask. Our prayers and good wishes are with you.

Dave C.
11-08-2009, 04:01 PM
My Mom was given 6 mo. to live 9years ago, so don't give up keep fighting!

Dave C.

MT Gianni
11-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Prayers and sympathy from this home also.

HollandNut
11-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Oh man , in our prayers ..

All the best ..

Jack

Dframe
11-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I can also offer only my sincerest sympathies. I couldn't imagine life without my wife.

ETG
11-08-2009, 08:06 PM
My prayers are with your wife and your family.

twotrees
11-08-2009, 09:09 PM
For your wife, you and your family.

God, Please guide the hands of her Dr's.

TwoTrees and RedFoxy in Ga.

1Shirt
11-08-2009, 09:57 PM
May God bless and preserve you and your wife. :
1Shirt!:coffee:

Farmall 1066
11-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Hang in there, we'll all be praying for the best!
Andy

GP100man
11-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Prayers of comfort & strength going your way for you & yours!!

Boz330
11-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I'd like to add a little optimism, my wife went through this in 79' and is still kicking, and that was with it having gotten into the lymph system.
It is possible for this to turn out ok and I pray that it will for you and her. Try and keep your spirits up for her. Good Luck.

Bob

257 Shooter
11-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I have prayed for you and your wife and will continue to do so. That you will have the strength to face every hour and she will have the will to fight. This is not a fight to face alone. Allow others to minister to you and your family and continue to trust God.

In God we trust!

Jim

DLCTEX
11-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Prayers sent for her and you.

The Virginian
11-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks to all and now that I am learning more about this type of cancer and having a father that is a doctor to help me see the real picture it has for prognosis. The good news is she is young and like myself, very well fed so that if she gets sick from the treatment she won't waste away from starvation. She is now up, walking around and giving me a few lumps along the way. Hopefully, she will come home tomorrow and I will take her up to Baltimore, MD to Johns Hopkins for more evaluation and to get a plan to start treatment. She has no doubt she is going to beat it and she was more freaked out about recovering from the exploratory surgery. She took the news of the cancer really well and exclaimed that now she knows what it is and how to defeat it. I think I was the weakest link in this whole episode, crying like a kid and not taking it well at all at first. Now I am ready to help her beat this disease and soon it will be time to "land the Marines on the beach" to start our medical assualt on this cancer. Guys/gals thanks a billion for your support and kind owrds/prayers and I'll keep everyone posted.

257 Shooter
11-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Please do! Real Men do cry and then get on with the business of living!

dale2242
11-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I know exactly how you feel. Times like these are tough for you both. My wife was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in June. She has had major surgery and just completed her last Chemo treatment. The prognosis is 98-99% survival in her case, so we are optimistic. The medical profession has come a long way in the treatment of cancer. Be strong and support her, you will need each other. Odds are, she will be fine....dale

Geraldo
11-10-2009, 06:24 PM
A chaplain friend once reminded me that we hear the word "cancer" as "death sentence", and that isn't always the case. She has a course of treatment available and a doc in the family to help navigate it all, as well as a husband who obviously cares for her. Don't mistake your love and concern for weakness because it isn't. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

STP22
11-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Prayers and warmest wishes to you both.

Scott

robertbank
11-11-2009, 12:49 AM
I stood in your shoes 11 years ago last April. My wife, Linda had just been diagnosed with non-hogkins lymphoma. The verdict, 50 -50 for five years or less. Well eleven years later she is still giving me the gears. No sign of cancer. Cancer CAN be beaten. Have faith in the doctors, and faith in your church.

Our families prayers are with yours.

Take Care

Bob

randyrat
11-21-2009, 06:36 AM
May God bless her. Hang in there. In our prayers.

Bret4207
11-21-2009, 09:55 AM
My thoughts and paryers will be with you and your waife and afamily. Hang tough.

Circuit Rider
11-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Our prayers are with your wife and your families. Look only to Him, He will bring you and your family through. Circuit Rider

shooterg
11-21-2009, 01:19 PM
+1 on prayers and modern medicine. She CAN beat this. My best to the both of you.

shdwlkr
11-21-2009, 07:16 PM
you and your wife have a tough road ahead and it will stress you many times but cancer can be beaten now. Your love and devotion to each other will be tested now like no other time in your lives.
You and your wife will be in my prayers.
I have out lived one wife and accepted being thrown away by another and it is all just life's challenges to see if we are tough enough. I am sure you and your wife are tough enough.
As to the crying thing, it really means nothing but that you care very much about your wife and that is a good thing.
Stay in touch

crabo
11-21-2009, 11:06 PM
I just prayed for your wife and your family, that God will give you peace and healing for your wife.

WILCO
11-22-2009, 06:29 AM
It is going to be a long road and I pray she gets through it.

Hang tough and stay strong!

captain-03
11-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you .... stay strong for her!!

mstarling
11-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Glad to hear there is some encouraging news! Our good hopes and small prayers for your wife and you!

Russel Nash
11-22-2009, 12:46 PM
My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Not to be too clinical or to be too business like at this point, but I have been there done that about 3 years ago with my sister. You should really see about getting a trusts/estate/will attorney to make a house call with you and your wife, especially if you two have kids.

If I had to do it over again with my sister, I would try to keep her on presnidone, a steroid, for as long as possible. Presnidone, as you probably know, makes people want to eat and pack on the pounds.

And not to thread drift this into a totally different direction... but, yeah, I would have bought marijuana for my sister to smoke, that would have hopefully made her get the munchies and get rid of her nausea. Again, making her keep up her weight.

Idaho Sharpshooter
11-22-2009, 01:21 PM
We will keep you all in our prayers.
Healing for her according to God's grace; and strength for the rest of you to be there for her.
Lorene and I have been married nearly twenty years, and I cannot imagine life without her.

God Bless

Rich

Sonoma2k2
11-22-2009, 06:13 PM
All of your brothers here extended their thoughts and prayers and ears.Be strong and stay positive always.

sheepdog
11-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Best wishes man. Pray heartfelt prayers. Not just for her but for some strength. She needs strong support.

milsurp mike
11-24-2009, 05:43 PM
I'll keep yall in our prayers.My Wife of 27 years has been fighting Ovarian cancer for 1 year and 2 months.3 surguries a round of Chemo a round of radiation and just started another round of Chemo yesterday.All in a year and 2 months.She is supposed to be free of Cancer when we finish this round of Chemo in 4 1/2 month's.I know what your going through so Keep Fighting and Praying and Gods will will be done.Hang in there Mike

mold maker
11-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Don't despair. My wife of 46 yr was treated for cervical cancer in Feb. 2007.
She's more in charge now than ever before. Beating cancer does that to wives.
Keep your faith and be determined. Prayers work miracles and there are lots being said for both of you.

The Virginian
01-08-2010, 03:14 AM
Guys I have what might be some great news, my wife went in for her second surgery which was laproscopically done which is much easier to recover from. The OBGYN/Oncology surgeon said that he did not think she has cancer and unless the pathology comes back differently, it may have just been chronically inflamed ovaries which can mimic cancer in some tests. He said that she had none of the classic symptoms or growth in the omentumn that cancer patients would have. Let's keep our fingers crossed, but I think we are over the worst.

Steelbanger
01-08-2010, 05:44 AM
It's great to receive good news. Praise God for that report. Prayers said.

Dframe
01-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Got my fingers crossed!

69daytona
01-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Our Prayers are with you. Ive been married 31 years and couldnt imagine ever losing her.
My fater in law and stepDad both have cancer and were givin 6 months to live. My father in law has gone 7 years since they told him that and my StepDad has gone two years but his cancer now they say in incurable. The impotant thing is to keep fighting and give her something to look forward to. We plan a cruise every year and so far they have made every one of them.
Take Care and God bless you.

milsurp mike
01-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Praise God.I hope it will be Nonmilignant and she will be fine.We will Keep Praying for Her and You as well.Mike

catmandu
01-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Hang in there. I had a bad week and it got better.
She needs you and we are praying for you and rooting for you both.
Think of the positives. You will be closer to your wife by going thru this together.
You will value simple things like, holding hands, one more day together, a smile.

When you got the news, the earth tilted. It takes a while to learn how to walk on a tilt. But God is able. Able to do anything. And we are praying for you.

May you receive a heartfelt prayer for every tear you shed.

Catmandu

cptinjeff
01-20-2010, 10:51 AM
One Friday afternoon ten years ago (before I met her) my wife felt terrible at work. She called the doctor and after a long conversation he told her to get to the emergency room. She had no clue or symptoms before hand but she had lukemia and it almost killed her. She flat lined twice over that weekend and it was touch and go for about a year. The happy ending is that she is 100% cancer free. Four years ago we met. Two years ago we were married (first for both of us). Seven months ago she gave birth to our son (first for both of us). We are 41 years old. God still does miracles and I'm a blessed man! It aint over till HE says it is! God bless you and we will be praying for a speedy recovery for your wife. jb

NHlever
02-01-2010, 12:29 PM
I have been on both sides of the trauma that you are going through. I know how powerless you can feel about trying to help because it seems that there is so little that you can do. The whole situation can just feel out of your control. That is not so, and by being there, living each day as fully, and as happily as you can, you will do much to help your wife's recovery. Think, and truly believe that it is something you have to live with, through, and not against, and your body will help hers recover. Genuine positive attitude helps the medicine do it's work. God is there for all of us, all the time if we let Him be, just make sure that you are there in ways that can help too. We can not accept what our fears may tell us. Our job is to live while we are alive, and to be fully alive for those that need us.

I'm on the other side of that now, having stage 4 cancer myself. I was given a few months to live nearly two years ago, and continue to do well. I snowshoed a couple of miles last week, and will probably head for the range later today. I try very hard to only be sick when I am sick, and I sure don't dwell on it. There are no guarantees in this life, we can only appreciate, and enjoy what we have this moment............. and you have much to give your wife.

The Virginian
02-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Guys (and Gals): We got the good news several days ago, that after the second surgery and the biopsy and pathology analysis, the report came back NO MALIGNANCY!!!! It was such a relief to both of us words can not express how "delivered" we both felt! Thanks to all for the prayers, understanding and expressions of support. We have had such an outpouring of support from the closest family to people that did not even know us, but wanted to help or express their well wishes and prayers. We thank all of them and all of you too that were concerned or wanted to offer emotional support. Gladly we have had a happy ending.

God bless!

OutHuntn84
02-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Glad to hear things are good! May God continue to bless and keep you and yours!

NHlever
02-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Life doesn't get better than it is at the moment you get such news! Embrace it, and keep that feeling close to your heart! Words can't express how great I feel about hearing that. Will she undergo any further treatments, or just periododic check ups? My thoughts are with you both in this second chance at life!