PDA

View Full Version : 35/303

dragonrider
05-06-2006, 05:50 PM
I also have another build I would like to do on an Enfield action. Thinking about necking up to 35 cal. Thoughts and suggestions welcome please. Such as who would be the most reasonable to get reamers from and dies made. I believe I read about this cal in the past so someone must have or will make a reamer and dies for it, correct?
The cal of 35 is not etched in stone, it could change, but using the 303 case is essential.
Thanks

versifier
05-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Mosey on over to the Reloaders Guide board and seek out d-o-k who knows an awful lot about wildcats based on the .303Brit. He checks out this board, too, but I can't remember the handle he uses here. As he lives in OZ, he probably won't be much help with reamers and dies, but he will have plenty of loading and performance data. He is a professional hunter and has probably shot more game with boolits than either of us will see in a lifetime.

NVcurmudgeon
05-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Try a search for "Elwood Epps." I believe the late Mr. Epps had an extensive line of wildcats on the .303 case. Also, check the .303 Page at www.303british.com. If anybody knows about the current availability of the Epps line, it would be Steve Redgewell of the .303 Page.

Frank46
05-07-2006, 02:37 AM
There is a gentleman from australia that has a wildcat 375 built on the 303 case. Maybe that just could be your cuppa tea. Frank

redneckdan
05-07-2006, 10:52 AM
clymer can make any reamer you can imagine, for special order reamers, the price is all the same I believe.