PDA

View Full Version : Just got the LETTER...........

JohnK
05-06-2006, 09:32 AM
From Shiloh Sharps!!!! My 45-90 #1 Sporter goes into production the end of this month! I have been waiting a long time. Now I have to come up with a big chunk of CASH but I am prepared...been saving nickles and dimes for an eternity:-D

kodiak1
05-06-2006, 10:51 AM
:drinks: JOHN JOHN JOHN GET BACK DOWN HERE TO EARTH YOU CAN'T BE WALKING AROUND WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE CLOUDS. :drinks:

GOOD FOR YOU YOU ARE GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS PIECE SO PREWARN YOUR WIFE OR GIRL FRIEND THAT YOU WILL BE SPENDING LESS TIME WITH HER.

They are a work of art and good luck enjoy. :Fire:

Ken :castmine:

McLintock
05-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Sounds like a really great piece, I'm sure you'll love it. Now you'll have to come up with another big chunk of cash for moulds, cases, reloading stuff and a thousand other things you'll end up wanting for it. You're lucky you could save enough for it, I had to do the unthinkable action of selling guns and other prized possessions like a 14X16 wall tent setup, to afford a C. Sharps Hi Wall and MVA scope for it. The lengths we go to for our toys.
Enjoy,
McLintock

montana_charlie
05-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Be sure to tell the guys over on the Shiloh forum, if you want a resounding response to your news. They will immediately file adoption papers to make you part of the family.

KCSO
05-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Starline has the brass for not much more than 45-70. If you don't need to size the bases you can cran out your 45-70 dies and use them. The bullets and molds from your 45-70 will work also as the 405 range of bullets will hold up well to 300 yards. If you want to reallly try her legs you might go for the postell or some such. I loaded mine with 70 grains of FFg and a pair of grease wads and a 405 bullet to give me a slightly souped up 45-70. If yo go whole hog and this is a 10 pound or so gun the rifle will get a little tiring after 20 rounds or so. If it shoots like the rest of them I have seen you will be one happy camper, yu have the top of the line.

6pt-sika
05-06-2006, 11:21 PM
From Shiloh Sharps!!!! My 45-90 #1 Sporter goes into production the end of this month! I have been waiting a long time. Now I have to come up with a big chunk of CASH but I am prepared...been saving nickles and dimes for an eternity:-D

John, how long ago did you send them your deposit to get on the list ?

EDK
05-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Ordered my 50/90 Shiloh in October 03; received it February 05. Took it to Quigley shoot in Forsyth to play in June 05. Gonna shoot Quigley with brother this year. Only problem is it's too long to fit under my pillow! ENJOY ONE OF THE NICEST THINGS YOU'LL EVER OWN!!! Get a copy of Venturino's SHOOTING BUFFALO RIFLES OF THE OLD WEST and the SPG BP CARTRIDGE RELOADING PRIMER from the authors. There's a lot of information and they'll autograph the books. Visit the Shiloh web site too. (Visit the factory. Like visiting the cousins you like back home.) You are about to join a big family when your Shiloh arrives.

Buckshot
05-08-2006, 02:35 AM
............You do realize too that we will have to have pictures?

............Buckshot

John-n-va
05-11-2006, 08:02 AM
I got pretty lucky! My order was placed last Oct. so its only been 7 months. Luckily I was reading the forums one day and a feller out in Minn. was a little short on cash due to purchasing a new house and didn't want to loose his deposit on his rifle. To make a long story short, we traded order numbers with the blessings of Shiloh. His order was placed March 2005. I will most likely receive my rifle in August or Sept. making the backorder period at about 17 to 18 months.

I already have all the necessary equipment for reloading BPC's. I have been doing some Ebay selling to suppliment the kitty. The only problem is I keep going to the Shiloh Sharps website and drooling over the options. Decided to upgrade the wood and finish which added some "un-budgeted" expense. Also decided to have Shiloh do a chamber cast for me. The only thing I really need to do is get a nice tang and upgraded front sight. Will have to make do with the stock buckhorn and blade sights for now.....those are some expensive sights!!!

Buchshot, I will take some pictures!

MLR
05-11-2006, 06:16 PM
John:

Congrats on gettin the new rifle. I ordered my #1 45-90 in Jan 06. I think im in for
a long wait.

Michael