PDA

View Full Version : Some good deals at --- S.O.G.

mag_01
05-05-2006, 05:17 PM
:coffee: SOG has some good C&R Guns for sale----I picked up 4---Turkish Mauser 1938---(M38)-----Mosin Nagant----91/30-----Nagant Revolver Mod. # 1895----and an air rifle---spent all day cleaning the cosmoline out of rifles and cleaning the bores---will shoot them at range tomorow---the trigger on the (M38) is a dream---the mosin nagant was rough (trigger) but improved with a stone and oil and a polish job ------all came thru in very good condition-----Surplusrifle.com has a lot of good info. on these guns-enough bull for now -----Tom:castmine:

Buckshot
05-13-2006, 03:45 AM
.............You shot any of'em yet?

................Buckshot

mag_01
05-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Buckshot---I have shot the 2 rifles and they shoot good---the 91-30 was like new ---1943-----rifling is good and I reworked the trigger---the turkish mauser dated 1941 has seen quite a bit of use----but seems to be sound--no trigger work needed---rifling is good.

Buckshot
05-19-2006, 04:09 AM
...............Re: Your 1943 dated M91/30. A year and a half or so ago Big 5 Sporting goods had re-arsenaled M91-30's on sale for $89 and they came with all the goodies. Mine was a Tula manufactured specimen dated 1938. The barrel and action matched. The bolt was a hodge-podge of arsenals and force matched. Ditto lots of the small bits. Altogether a very attractive and well finished rifle. Not polished but smoothly finished.

This past Christmas my wife had been bugging me about what I wanted. Bless her heart she knows what I like but has no clue as to just 'what' unless I use a hi-lighter in catalogs. Just to cut down the jabber, Big 5 was again selling the re-done M91-30's so I pointed it out in the add and said "One of these".

So Christmas eve I was one of the few there to get a toy :-). I got several envious looks. Me and my long box. This one also came with a plastic bag holding the accouterments. The rifle was dated 1943 and had the really rough war finish. I forget the arsenal. Several of the styling cuts on the action were eliminated altogether or simplified.

Internally the action was finished as nice as could be, as was the bolt. Like the previous one it was force matched and a jumble of arsenals in it's small parts. The exterior of the action looks as if it had been draw filed with a woodrasp. The difference in appearance is remarkable between the 2. Naturally the 1938 dated one was no doubt made in a hurry, but the 1943 one was made when the Russians were on the offensive. Manpower and material losses had to be made up immediately.

I haven't shot this latest one yet. I should slug it and load a few for it.

.................Buckshot