PDA

View Full Version : Uberti Baby Rolling Block Barrel Twist?

Spokerider
11-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Wondering what the rifling twist is, in a Uberti Baby Rollingblock .357 mag?

And........will this rifle shoot 180gr hard cast [ hunting load ] with decent accuracy?

Thanks

SilverBow
11-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Wondering what the rifling twist is, in a Uberti Baby Rollingblock .357 mag?

And........will this rifle shoot 180gr hard cast [ hunting load ] with decent accuracy?

Thanks

Spokerider,

I had one of those Uberti/Navy Arms baby RBs in 357 and measured the twist using my cleaning rod. Although I didn't write it down, I'm 99% positive that it was exactly the same twist as my Marlin 1894c --- namely 1:16.

I don't think you'd have any problem stabilizing the 180gr since the 1894c handles them fine.

How do you like your rifle --- sure makes a nice hunting package, eh? I ended up selling mine out of a fit of downsizing and now use my Marlin for hunting. The 357 in a carbine or single shot is sure a dandy.

Spokerider
11-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Silver,
Thanks for the reply. That's good info to know.
I've only just bought it and have shot 30 or so 38sp +P from it, and do like it so far.

I hunt cougar with hounds [ but rarely shoot game ] , which entails many miles of arduous hiking and since we can't hunt with a handgun in posession here in Canada, a 4.8lb small rifle is the next best thing for packing.

The Marlin GG ain't so bad to pack either......but when you also pack 10 rounds of 550gr loads, the combo DOES get heavy after a while.