PDA

View Full Version : Redding T-7 die size?

AbitNutz
11-03-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm thinking of picking up a Redding T-7 turret press. Does the turret have 1-1/4" X 12 inserts that allow it to take 7/8x14 dies?

As you smart folk have already guessed, I'm wondering if the T-7 could use the Hornady LnL conversion bushings...

Yes, I know you can buy extra turret heads but I really like LnL bushings...

Le Loup Solitaire
11-03-2009, 10:58 PM
The turret has seven stations and each one takes 7/8 X14 standard reloading dies. The T ought to stand for Tyrannusaurus Rex; I've got two of these monsters. They are heavy like in massive and strong. A gorrilla would be quite satisfied using one. Neither of mine have inserts in the turrets; they take the 7/8 X 14 dies directly into threads. The turrets themselves are imterchangeable and extra turrets are sold for around $50. It could be possible that Redding changed the specs on the newer models and makes them now with the 1&1/4 X12 inserts to accomodate the 50BMG when the inserts are removed from the turret..I dunno. It would seem a bit impractical to have a turret full of bushings. I'ld suggest going to their website and/or giving them a call to be sure before you buy. My Midway catalogue (early 2009) shows and lists the T-7 WITHOUT bushings, but shows and lists them for the Redding Ultramag and Big Boss presses. Those are single stage presses. Anyway the T-7 is a solidly built powerhouse of a press and you'ld take quite a while to wear it out. LLS

MtGun44
11-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Mine had 7/8-14 threads in the turret, no bushing to remove for larger dies or bayonet
locking rings. Nice press, I keep an allen wrench in the top cap screw to keep it snug.

Bill

dromia
11-04-2009, 03:20 AM
T7 is a fine press I love mine, but no bushings, no Hornady LnL.