PDA

View Full Version : not sure here..

learnerlady
11-02-2009, 03:46 AM
just found this place. a total beginner I am but just to say hi. and not sure where to say it.
LL

Jim
11-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Looks like a great start to me ! Welcome, glad to have you with us!

stubshaft
11-02-2009, 04:49 AM
Come on down!!!

WELCOME

learnerlady
11-02-2009, 05:08 AM
why thank you kind sirs. I'm finding I have to do a lot of clicking and reading!! Talk about a bucketload of information here.
Thanks for the welcome.
LL

Ron
11-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Welcome from DownUnder. You will find it easier getting started if you spend some, lots, of time reading the old posts. There are some really good people here who will help you along the way. Again, welcome and enjoy.

Gunslinger
11-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Welcome....

Prepare to gain knowledge to the extend that your brain bursts. Really cool place... loaded with experts...

Bret4207
11-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Welcome. Read through the archived posts and you should get a feel for what the game is.

largom
11-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Welcome aboard! We will do all we can to guide you along. Do not hesitate to ask questions.

Larry

kbstenberg
11-02-2009, 08:55 AM
As all have said Welcome. Dont be afraid to ask any question. If its a problem it needs to be fixed. Most problems have been addresed in the stickie's. Just keep reading, reading, reading.
The problem i have the todays thoughts are so interesting i don't have time to go back an read the stickies.
Kevin

wallenba
11-02-2009, 09:21 AM
just found this place. a total beginner I am but just to say hi. and not sure where to say it.
LL

Well... tell us a little about what you shoot, how far into reloading/casting do you want to get? And Welcome.

randyrat
11-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Welcome, here is as good as anyplace to start. You'll find a wealth of information. You'll get hooked on casting your own projectiles in no time.
It is very rewarding hobby.
The learning curve here is very steep, because everyone here has already made most of the mistakes. Someone is always willing to keep you on the right path, so ask questions if your not sure.

cajun shooter
11-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Welcome to the best forum you will find on the art of bullet casting. As the others have said, ask what questions you need to and enjoy your new hobby. Casting your own bullets can become a hobby of it's own and give you many an hour of pleasure. Read the sticky sections and when you can purchase the Lyman book called Cast Bullet handbook. Later David

zardoz
11-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi! Learner Lady!

Just started here a year ago, with a simple 45ACP casting and loading session. I'll never forget that feeling of shooting my very first round that was made from recovered wheelweights.

Now, I cast multiple style boolits in multiple calibers, and it's all good.

The folks here have been great, and all I had to do was read, ask a few questions, and success was mine for the taking.

Good luck to you!

Wayne Smith
11-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Welcome, learner lady! Post a location, maybe one of us is close enough to help you along. Actually seeing it done and doing it with a little supervision is worth a lot of reading.

HeavyMetal
11-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Welcome!
Doesn't matter where you jump in the waters great! I'll also second the idea of posting a basic ideas of what you want to shoot.

As far as how "deep" you want to go? Watch out this casting can be adicting.

1Shirt
11-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Welcome, and as to the addiction thing, hope you fall into that mode and bring a bunch of your female shooter friends with you!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

Guesser
11-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Welcome and feel free to join in learning with the rest of us newbies here. I had been around casting and loading for 50 years when I found this place. Don't know how I made anything work, this is where I learned and learn every day how to do it better. This crew here is first rate.
And another aside; In my reading here I've never seen anyone get flamed or ridiculed as happens on some other forums.
I like it here and I think you will too!!!

Dframe
11-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Welcome. This is a very active site and contains a mountain of information.

Echo
11-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Welcome, LL. Make sure to check all the stickies, ask ANY question you choose. It will receive several answers, some that actually agree, which shows the status of our addiction. Have no fear, we love you.

runfiverun
11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
don't be shy either, you definately are not the only lady member here.
I live with two of the others.

11-02-2009, 09:49 PM
This is the site, and its archives will open up a wealth of casting information: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/archive/index.php/f-8.html

gwilliams2
11-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Welcome aboard; I've learned a lot here as I'm sure you will too. Everyone is very helpful...

MtGun44
11-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Welcome!

The stickies have lots of info. Also, Lyman's cast bullet manual is a great place
for a beginner to start their education.

Bill

ghh3rd
11-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Great bunch of folks on this forum, all willing trying to make each other sucessful. You've landed in a good place.

Randy

learnerlady
11-03-2009, 05:56 AM
Thank you to you all.

Now hold on to your seats. I am not 'pro shooting' and I am not 'anti shooting'. I guess I am 'I've not shot' (yet)... and for no other reason that it just has not been around me in my life.. so it is probably unusual that someone like me would end up here.

Thing is that I have a friend who has kind of opened up this shooting world to me somewhat and that is why I came to have a look and see. No harm in finding out hey? So you see I am a total and complete beginner and you people are WAY ahead of me so I shall read and see what you all get up to. I have already got pretty lost reading stuff here. It is like an Aladins cave of information. Very impressive.

As to location I am in Australia so g'day to you all.

Thanks again for the warm welcomes.
LL

waksupi
11-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Considering you are just starting, you have landed in a good place. Most of us are old farts, who have been there, and done that. You will get good advise here, and different ways to reach a goal.

Thank you to you all.

Now hold on to your seats. I am not 'pro shooting' and I am not 'anti shooting'. I guess I am 'I've not shot' (yet)... and for no other reason that it just has not been around me in my life.. so it is probably unusual that someone like me would end up here.

Thing is that I have a friend who has kind of opened up this shooting world to me somewhat and that is why I came to have a look and see. No harm in finding out hey? So you see I am a total and complete beginner and you people are WAY ahead of me so I shall read and see what you all get up to. I have already got pretty lost reading stuff here. It is like an Aladins cave of information. Very impressive.

LL

Echo
11-03-2009, 07:00 PM
And we have many forum members from down under - a few Kiwis, too. And ALL of us started out just where you are now, so we know . . .

Buckshot
11-04-2009, 03:23 AM
Thank you to you all.

LL

..............Ah, no bad habits to 'unlearn' :-) The thing is women can and easily do shoot as well as, or better then men. This isn't like football where a woman would be at a disadvantage. Shooting and shooting well can be very mental, especially in competition. On the other hand, rolling cans, busting dirt clods, and ringing steel targets is simply just plain fun!

.............Buckshot

learnerlady
11-04-2009, 06:02 AM
Thats a nice way to look at it Buckshot. Starting with a clean slate... getting things right first time (now wouldnt that be nice).

Ringing steel targets sounds like fun.

And old farts is fine by me. It is quality that counts.. not age.
LL

sav300
11-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Another aussie,welcome Learner Lady.

Leftoverdj
11-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Thats a nice way to look at it Buckshot. Starting with a clean slate... getting things right first time (now wouldnt that be nice).

Ringing steel targets sounds like fun.

And old farts is fine by me. It is quality that counts.. not age.
LL

Having lost most of our teeth, we are less likely to bite.