PDA

View Full Version : Todays smelting

odinohi
11-01-2009, 05:00 PM
I had smelted the rest of my range scrap yesterday. All I had to do today was heat, flux, and pour into ingots. I ended up with around 35lbs range scrap ingots.

After that I wanted to make a little room in my small loading building. I had 9 buckets of WW's hogging up room. I ended up smelting 4 buckets. Not alot, but its the most I have ever done in one day. It filled a milk crate up to the handles with RCBS ingots well placed. I had a heck of a time sliding it under my bench. I'm geussing about 400 ingots. Did it all in a dutch oven and turkey fryer. I wondered why everyone would complain about being sore after smelting, now I know. Should sleep good tonite, but its Sunday and I never sleep good on Sunday nites. Thanks for letting me ring your ear, Tom

Rock
11-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Nice job!

WILCO
11-02-2009, 01:30 AM
I never sleep good on Sunday nites.

Why not??

The10mmKid
11-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Why not??

Probably from watching the Bengals or Browns . . . . nightmares if you happen to catch both.

odinohi
11-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Why not??

Comes from working for a #### for 11 years. The dude had me a nervous wreck. Past that now though, work for a pretty good company whos bosses are 60 mile away. Cant beat that.
10mmkid, Cleveland fan here and it aint easy. Just dont watch the games and dont hold my breath either.
Tom