PDA

View Full Version : SafetyPrime On Lee Classic Cast

philthephlier
10-31-2009, 09:12 AM
I had the "classic" problem others have had on my brand new turret press with the safety prime not performing well. I had read threads before they arrived so I could be ready to troubleshoot the priming system. The thread, link listed below with beautiful photos, covers this modification to the black mounting bracket that comes with the press, not the safety prime. It worked perfectly and I have had no mishaps in the next 100 primed cases.
http://forums.handloads.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10237&PN=1

Landric
10-31-2009, 10:41 AM
I had to use washers to position the safety prime system on all my Lee presses that use it: the Classic Cast, Breech Lock Challenger, and Classic Turret. As per usual with Lee, great design, not quite perfect execution. However, with the addition of a couple of washers (in different spots on each press of course), I got it working 100%.

I really like the Safety Prime, cheap plastic or not, it works much better than the system on my Rockchucker. While the primer feed on my Square Deal B works just fine, its a lot more of a pain to load now that I am used to loading the safety prime. My poor Rockchucker sits mostly quiet since I got the Classic Cast with the Safety Prime and Hornady Lock N Load modification.