PDA

View Full Version : Walther P-1

Poygan
05-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Anyone have any experience with a Walther P-1? Local shop has one for $280 plus 5% tax. Seems to fit my hand nicely and I like the fixed barrel. Especially interested in your experiences with cast boolits. I've had less than great experiences with a Hi Power and a S&W Model 39 with cast.

Or should I look closer at an 1894 Marlin FG for $350? (41 Magnum). Being retired, I suppose it would be imprudent to get both....

nelson133
05-02-2006, 08:07 PM
I know a couple of people that have them. They are West German police surplus. Some have relined barrels (noticable with inspection). All the ones I have heard about are good shooters. I am not the biggest 9mm fan, so I haven't bought one though a local chain has them for about the same price. The biggest drawback is that the alloy frame won't handle anything over standard power loads.

C1PNR
05-03-2006, 12:37 AM
Anyone have any experience with a Walther P-1? Local shop has one for $280 plus 5% tax. Seems to fit my hand nicely and I like the fixed barrel. Especially interested in your experiences with cast boolits. I've had less than great experiences with a Hi Power and a S&W Model 39 with cast.

Or should I look closer at an 1894 Marlin FG for $350? (41 Magnum). Being retired, I suppose it would be imprudent to get both....
Since you are retired, you have the time to work with both of them.

I will admit, I don't have the Marlin in .41 Mag and do have the P-38, so I'd buy the Marlin first. Then wait until the coast is clear and buy the Walther, if it's still there.[smilie=1: