PDA

View Full Version : fianally, pictures of the new loading room.

Lloyd Smale
10-28-2009, 06:57 PM
new loading room

Firebricker
10-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Lloyd, Looks great !!! Glad to see your up and running.
FB

45nut
10-28-2009, 07:12 PM
took me a bit to spot the stickers! Looks quite comfy in there!

Lloyd Smale
10-28-2009, 07:19 PM
had to give credit where credit is due. If you look theres a couple of your coffee cups above the desk and a clock and a big poster in the larger part of the barn. you will notice too the screen thats up on the computer.
took me a bit to spot the stickers! Looks quite comfy in there!

Rex
10-28-2009, 07:45 PM
I just hate it when someone's loading room is clean, neat and well orginized.
Looks great!
Rex

RayinNH
10-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Lloyd I don't see a coffee pot. You need one of them as it looks like all the other creature comforts are covered. Nicely done indeed.:drinks:...Ray

part_timer
10-28-2009, 08:16 PM
very,very nice. I'm so disorganized it's not funny

Lloyd Smale
10-28-2009, 09:41 PM
got a hot plate and after a cup in the morning i head out with the pot.
Lloyd I don't see a coffee pot. You need one of them as it looks like all the other creature comforts are covered. Nicely done indeed.:drinks:...Ray

uncle joe
10-28-2009, 09:45 PM
I see you have a stag arms thingy. I got a towel with mine. ??
I'm guessing it's for golfers to clean their clubs
UJ

beagle
10-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Man.....how do you load in a place that neat??? I'm like buckshot, I'm messy and use the avalanche method of storage but I "get 'er done"./beagle

AZ-Stew
10-28-2009, 10:01 PM
If I'd known you were a Dale Jr. fan I wouldn't have sent the stuff.

Regards,

Stew

:kidding:

fivegunner
10-29-2009, 05:03 AM
Looks good Lloyd, Where do you cast bullets? I don`t see any lead:p

EMC45
10-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Looks great in there. Do you live in there?

Lloyd Smale
10-29-2009, 07:27 AM
I like tony too.

Regards,

Stew

Lloyd Smale
10-29-2009, 07:28 AM
one casting pot in there but out in the big part of the barn is my main casting area. It gets a bit smoky in there even with the range hood. Ill use it in the winter when cold but when its nice enough ill use the other.
Looks good Lloyd, Where do you cast bullets? I don`t see any lead:p

Boz330
10-29-2009, 08:55 AM
WAY too neat, how do you find anything. Although I'm still missing 4 cans of 4759 in my man cave, but it is only about a 1/4 that size.

Bob

10-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Nice recovery! It would take me 10 years to make a come back like that. Good for you. The man cave looks perfect.

Geraldo
10-29-2009, 09:51 AM

Regards,

Stew

Stew, there is something sad about a guy who roots for the only Hendrick team that couldn't make the chase. Go, Smoke! ;) :kidding:

Lloyd, I would add a rack and a head, but otherwise it's the perfect home for a reloader/caster/shooter. Glad to see you're back in business!

1Shirt
10-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Pretty slick Lloyd, but far to neat for me! Ya done good!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

oldhickory
10-29-2009, 04:20 PM
The only thing I didn't see was a nice mat for your dog.[smilie=s:

Catshooter
10-29-2009, 07:06 PM
It's easy to be neat when you're all shiny new!

Good for you Lloyd, I'm glad you're making a quick comeback.

Cat

Lloyd Smale
10-29-2009, 08:08 PM
its there
The only thing I didn't see was a nice mat for your dog.[smilie=s:

Lloyd Smale
10-29-2009, 08:13 PM
If a guy has to stick up for a winner why smoke. You might as well be a johnson fan he wins about everything. Jr is my man. I was allways a big fan of his dads. Granted he isnt the driver his dad was. I also cheer for smoke and martin. When its cleaned out for the construction mess ill post some pictures of the large part of the barn. Its nascar theme out there. Tv on the wall for watching the race.
Stew, there is something sad about a guy who roots for the only Hendrick team that couldn't make the chase. Go, Smoke! ;) :kidding:

Lloyd, I would add a rack and a head, but otherwise it's the perfect home for a reloader/caster/shooter. Glad to see you're back in business!

lightman
10-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi Lloyd,Thats a nice looking set-up.I have a gun room in our house,but its not near that big.I guess none of them are really big enough!I can tell that you put a lot of hard work into that room,now you can enjoy it. Lightman

Geraldo
10-31-2009, 04:50 PM
If a guy has to stick up for a winner why smoke. You might as well be a johnson fan he wins about everything. Jr is my man. I was allways a big fan of his dads. Granted he isnt the driver his dad was. I also cheer for smoke and martin. When its cleaned out for the construction mess ill post some pictures of the large part of the barn. Its nascar theme out there. Tv on the wall for watching the race.

Jimmie Johnson? Man, that hurts...

I grew up watching midwestern dirt track racing, so I'm sort of drawn to Tony. My dad got to see him and a few other Cup racers running sprint cars at a local dirt track this summer, and I'd actually rather see that than a Cup race.

Anyway, it's a cool place you've got there. Got everything you need: dog, guns, TV, fridge...

Kskybroom
10-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Very Nice

Dorf
10-31-2009, 05:01 PM
I hate neat people-- they have sick minds! (Big SEG :-)) And TWO L-N-L Hornadys yet! Man, you are one sick puppy! Best Wishes, Stan

AZ-Stew
10-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Lloyd,

Seriously, that's a fine setup you have. Glad to be a contributer. It's almost like a TV commercial with all that new equipment. When I built my shop, the building was new, but all the tools and equipment were "well seasoned". That's OK. They feel comfortable. All the tools I've accumulated and have been using over the last 35+ years, but in a spacious, well-lighted work area. It's a great feeling, isn't it? And, yes, I'm equipped with fridge, dog blanket, and TV (for NASCAR, old John Wayne flicks and for the Victory At Sea DVDs that my wife won't let me watch in the house!). My shop also includes a Ham Radio cubby hole, sink and toilet bathroom with a "manly" sink that's big enough to wash up to your elbows, wood and metal shop and a photographic darkroom.

Anyway, glad to see you back up and running.

And this is one of the two best weekends of the NASCAR season -- 'DEGA!!

Go, Smoke!!!

Regards,

Stew

P.S. - If Tony doesn't win the cup, it would do my heart good to see Mark Martin win. He deserves it for career achievement.

Lloyd Smale
10-31-2009, 07:05 PM
yup i allways look forward to this race. If I could afford to go far to watch a race that would be the one.

TAWILDCATT
10-31-2009, 09:47 PM
that is a discusting room, look at how neat it is how can you dare to dirty it.

sleeper1428
11-01-2009, 02:53 AM
Lloyd:

Great looking room! I was thinking about posting some photos of my small corner reloading/casting area in our garage but after seeing your photos I'd be ashamed for you to see where I do my thing. Glad that you're now 'up and running', so to speak. But as many have already mentioned, a room that neat may well be an indication of a warped mind.....

Keep well and keep the silver stream flowing ....

sleeper1428

Lloyd Smale
11-01-2009, 06:34 AM
look on the end of that bench and youll see a third one it just doesnt have a case feeder
I hate neat people-- they have sick minds! (Big SEG :-)) And TWO L-N-L Hornadys yet! Man, you are one sick puppy! Best Wishes, Stan

Lloyd Smale
11-01-2009, 06:36 AM
to be honest id rather have martin win it then even jr. He a classy individual and deserves it.
Lloyd,

Seriously, that's a fine setup you have. Glad to be a contributer. It's almost like a TV commercial with all that new equipment. When I built my shop, the building was new, but all the tools and equipment were "well seasoned". That's OK. They feel comfortable. All the tools I've accumulated and have been using over the last 35+ years, but in a spacious, well-lighted work area. It's a great feeling, isn't it? And, yes, I'm equipped with fridge, dog blanket, and TV (for NASCAR, old John Wayne flicks and for the Victory At Sea DVDs that my wife won't let me watch in the house!). My shop also includes a Ham Radio cubby hole, sink and toilet bathroom with a "manly" sink that's big enough to wash up to your elbows, wood and metal shop and a photographic darkroom.

Anyway, glad to see you back up and running.

And this is one of the two best weekends of the NASCAR season -- 'DEGA!!

Go, Smoke!!!

Regards,

Stew

P.S. - If Tony doesn't win the cup, it would do my heart good to see Mark Martin win. He deserves it for career achievement.

pmeisel
11-01-2009, 09:16 AM
I am envious.....

roarindan
11-01-2009, 09:57 AM
that is a beautiful "poutin palace". I would only stand and stare if it were mine!

jim4065
11-01-2009, 10:22 AM
that is a beautiful "poutin palace". I would only stand and stare if it were mine!

:shock:

It's the kind of loading room most of us dream of. Way to go Lloyd!

waksupi
11-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Lloyd, do you ever go into the house anymore? Does the family remember you? When is the last time they saw you? I would just live in there!

Storydude
11-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Piped in compressed air in PVC? :naw:

The10mmKid
11-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Nice layout LLoyd. Thank You for the inspiration.

You may want to rethink the plastic (looks like CPVC) air lines:
http://www.lascofittings.com/supportcenter/CompressedAir.asp

Go with Nylon or Polypropylene.

Lloyd Smale
11-02-2009, 06:54 AM
my old man has a simular set up with cpvc thats lasted about 15 years now. The stuff is rated for 300psi and my compressor is set at a 125 so it should be plent safe. About like shooting spingfield level loads in a marlin. Im sure all the safety nuts will balk but there the same ones that dont want you eating out of plastic in a microwave or eating hambuger thats grilled. Or drinking diet soda or riding on an atv or making a corner in a jeep ect. I can go on and on.

pmeisel
11-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Lloyd, you daredevil, drinking diet soda and driving a jeep!

Dale53
11-02-2009, 04:10 PM
LLoyd;
Congratulations on a terrific comeback!!:drinks::drinks:

Dale53

Phat Man Mike
11-13-2009, 11:06 PM
that there is one fancy man cave for sure!! nice I likes it!:p

Just Duke
12-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Simply Amazing Lloyd.
You could have decorated with a Sharpie though. Well here. http://www.heraldleaderphoto.com/2008/09/18/man-decorates-basement-with-10-worth-of-sharpie/

Tazman1602
12-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Oh man that is NICE! You guys getting hammered as bad up there as we are right below the bridge? Been snowing here for three days and it isn't letting up yet, musta gotten three feet already and plowed twice...............

Regards,

Art

DLCTEX
12-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Looks great Lloyd! What brand are the good looking metal cabinets? Can't let the wife see such a neat setup, she'd never give me peace. Schedule 40PVC works well for air, just don't install a wood heater near enough to get it too hot. Fellow I know did and found a white football growing behind the stove. We replaced about 8 feet with galvanized and placed a metal shield in front of that.

Lloyd Smale
12-11-2009, 06:56 PM
snows up to our a#### allready. We got almost 2 feet in two days! Dale the cabinets are gladiator. There a good looking cabinet and fairly well made but not near as tough as the old miltary ones i had before.

Recluse
12-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Looks good, Lloyd, real good!

It does a lot of us here a lot of good to see your "comeback" from the fire--and not just how well you did it, but with the class that you did.

:coffee:

Finster101
12-12-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm try'n not to hate!

cigg52
12-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Lloyd, My cousin has a cabin on 15 acres on Ross Lake, about 15 miles north-east of Munsing. It is a beautiful lake. Just wondering what you heat your reloading with.

leadeye
12-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Nice setup Lloyd.:bigsmyl2:

Just Duke
12-20-2009, 06:00 AM
new loading room

I had to come look at this again Lloyd.
Why would you even need to go home Lloyd? lol
You need a military coot though.
How do the Lock and Load Case Feeders work?
How much were they?
OK I'm going to need and Lock and Load now. lol

swheeler
12-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Lloyd; you got yourself a nice set up there.

Lloyd Smale
12-20-2009, 07:30 PM
i was probably the one who plowed in the power and hooked them up. I did most of that area. Duke so far im not all that impressed with the hornady case feeders. Seems im allways fiddling with something on them. I like the dillon set up better.
Lloyd, My cousin has a cabin on 15 acres on Ross Lake, about 15 miles north-east of Munsing. It is a beautiful lake. Just wondering what you heat your reloading with.

Gussy
12-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Man, with a set up like that I can't see how a man would ever miss a target!! Didn't see any targets??? You have time to shoot too????

Gus

What does that pup in the avatar look like now??

Cherokee
12-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Great come back from the fire Lloyd.

Bert2368
12-21-2009, 11:20 AM
A few questions:

What's the extension on the range hood duct that comes down on the left of the bench for?

Where do you store powders? In the building, or in a separate magazine?

Just Duke
12-21-2009, 11:31 AM
i was probably the one who plowed in the power and hooked them up. I did most of that area. Duke so far im not all that impressed with the hornady case feeders. Seems im allways fiddling with something on them. I like the dillon set up better.

Same with the Dillon. I'll just stick to loading them onto the platten then.
Thanks Lloyd.

stephen perry
12-21-2009, 11:32 AM
My whole garage is my loading/machine room. Including a 7 foot tall magazine showcase. Your's is clean drive me nuts wanna throw a pizza pie against one of the shiny doors, ala Belushi. Besides that nice room.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR :holysheep

Lloyd Smale
12-21-2009, 09:44 PM
here he is gussy
Man, with a set up like that I can't see how a man would ever miss a target!! Didn't see any targets??? You have time to shoot too????

Gus

What does that pup in the avatar look like now??

wheezengeezer
12-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Where is the Lazy Boy?

Lloyd Smale
12-22-2009, 07:01 AM
no room left for one. I actually had intended on having one in there but ended up with an office chair and a foot stool.
Where is the Lazy Boy?