PDA

View Full Version : Commercial lube reccomendation

870TC
10-28-2009, 11:37 AM
I hear alot of complaints about bulk pistol bullet lube being to hard, and therefore not effective.

So.....

Any recommendations for a Commercial Lube 2"X6" sticks, that can be used on bulk packed pistol bullets- ie. 500 to a loose packed box. Using Magma bullet molds.
Looking for something that can survive the "loose packing" and not cross contaminate other bullets in the box (to soft a lube) or be knocked out of the lube ring.
Already have, Magma, Rooster Red, Carnauba Red, Thompson Blue & Red Angel on the way, to try.

StarMetal
10-28-2009, 12:02 PM
I hear alot of complaints about bulk pistol bullet lube being to hard, and therefore not effective.

So.....

Any recommendations for a Commercial Lube 2"X6" sticks, that can be used on bulk packed pistol bullets- ie. 500 to a loose packed box. Using Magma bullet molds.
Looking for something that can survive the "loose packing" and not cross contaminate other bullets in the box (to soft a lube) or be knocked out of the lube ring.
Already have, Magma, Rooster Red, Carnauba Red, Thompson Blue & Red Angel on the way, to try.

I see one of Lar's lubes in there. You need to try some of his other hard lubes. He makes very good lube.

Joe

runfiverun
10-28-2009, 04:32 PM
i lube a ton and throw them in a box and just let them roll around all the time, if the red isn't enough for you try his 50-50 it should be a bit dryer.
a little travel from boolit to boolit is fine for the return it gives in tthe bbl.
i don't have any issues with it gumming up my seater dies either.
the red likes a bit less heat and more pressure in the stars also.
about 2/3 rds the heat and about 65 on the pressure. as magma's lube.

cajun shooter
10-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Lar's Carnuba Red is hard to beat for performance and price. It meets all your needs.

Shiloh
10-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Larson's.

At the bottom of the page

http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/index.html

SHiloh

pdawg_shooter
10-29-2009, 01:24 PM
White Label BAC. Nuff said!

angus6
10-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Actually Lars has another lube not listed that is a bit harder , I've been trying it out so far so good

870TC
10-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Might have to get some of this new lube. For the record I have his, BAC, 2500, and Carnauba Red but only the Red seems hard enough and not so sticky as to cause problems with loose packed pistol bullets. Can't have a customer open a box and find a cross contaminated, gooey, sticky unattractive product. I also would like to avoid the rock hard lubes that customers complain about.

fredj338
10-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Lar's Carnuba Red is hard to beat for performance and price. It meets all your needs.

I've used the BAC & Carnuba & prefer the Carnuba, a bit less tacky. I wopuld think it would be a great commercial bullet lube.