PDA

View Full Version : limited success with my dan wesson

part_timer
10-27-2009, 12:52 PM
I've had a Dan wesson 357 super mag for some time now but never shot it to much. This summer I decided i'm going to learn to shoot that pistol and figure it out.

After a coupel of months of very limited success I decided I needed to scope it and see what it would do. SO with my gunsmith buddy out of town I screwed up enough nerve to drill and tap the barrel shroud and mount a Burris on top of it.

Much much better. I went for from a 12" group at 50 yards down to about 4". I know I still have some work to do but I'm real happy with it.

I do have one question I'd like to ask. I measured the size of the cylinder holes and they are .3585 to .359. Do I still use a .358 boolit in it or do I go up to .359?

runfiverun
10-27-2009, 03:14 PM
i'd try the 359's maybe even a bit more if you can.

mister gizmo
10-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Suggest you slug the barrel and forget about the cylinder holes which are bored to hold the cartridge case, not the boolit. Once you get the bore size, then you can work on boolit sizing.

gizmo

454PB
10-27-2009, 04:31 PM
"cylinder holes" and chamber throats are two different things. The throat DOES hold the boolit, the chamber (behind the throat) holds the cartridge case.

part_timer
10-27-2009, 04:40 PM
I'll push a round ball down the barrel tonight and see what happens and report back.

Chamber throats is what I measured.