PDA

View Full Version : New 45 HP mold. Gloobit test run.

Doc_Stihl
10-27-2009, 08:17 AM
I picked up my newest homemade HP from my machinist friend yesterday.

Mold started life as a single cavity lee 255 FP. It was so worn that it dropped a 1/8" rib at the parting line at the bottom of the cavity.

I can't wait for a bit of a warm spell to go drop some lead in it and try it in the 45ACP.

FWIW, it holds a .177 bb nicely in the nose as a gloobit.

Buckshot
10-28-2009, 01:29 AM
.............Those look neat :-) Amazing to see the energy one of those carries with just a lrg pistol primer for oompf! I bought some .450 glue sticks at Harbor Freight just to see what they'd do in my 45 Colt Vaquero. All I did was to take a primed case, stuck the end of the glue stick in about 1/2" and cut it off flush. I aimed it at a knot in the old T&G on the back all of the shop. I was 12-15 ft away. The shot just made a pop sound as you might expect with just a primer. However that FN Gluelit hit with a loud SMACK!

You could hear it bang and ding and dong amongst some of the stuff I had leaned up against the wall. Dang if there wasn't a perfectly round depression maybe 1/16" deep in that 50 year old pine board, and it no more then maybe a half inch to the right of that knot!

............Buckshot

357maximum
10-29-2009, 01:15 AM
Doc

Can a beg the favor of a picture of the mould and the HP pin? ...thanks

That is one mean looking gloolit . :holysheep BTW