PDA

View Full Version : steyr mount idea? good bad?

acsteve
10-25-2009, 09:02 PM
been thinking about making up a scope base, I would make a pair of recoil lugs which are barrel diameter and press them on upside down and attach a scout base to the homemade recoil lugs.

Also the trigger has quite a bit of slop, could tighter fitting pins help? Also, does the firing pin spring strength have any impact on lug lockup or trigger pull? thanks

Bret4207
10-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Which Steyr? There are several of them.

acsteve
10-26-2009, 10:14 PM
sorry m95 straight pull. I have had a few other thoughts on the makeing a mount. But since I have no real machine tools, I have to work with what I have and what I can get done without spending money.

StarMetal
10-26-2009, 11:12 PM
sorry m95 straight pull. I have had a few other thoughts on the makeing a mount. But since I have no real machine tools, I have to work with what I have and what I can get done without spending money.

acsteve,

There use to be member on the forum by the name of Oldfeller. He fit a Weaver side flip mount on his Steyr. He used the flip model so he could flip it over and load the enbloc clip into the rifle. I'm not sure if you can use search to find that. But please thing about how you are going to load it if you have a scope directly overtop the action.

Joe

Pepe Ray
10-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Joe;
That's why he's asking about a "scout" scope set up.

Personally, I believe he's on the right track.
Pepe Ray

StarMetal
10-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Joe;
That's why he's asking about a "scout" scope set up.

Personally, I believe he's on the right track.
Pepe Ray

Pepe Ray,

Thanks for pointing that out. I reckon now he can have an option if he doesn't want the scout scope set up.

Joe

Bret4207
10-27-2009, 08:08 AM
I would consider using the rear sight base as the base for the scope mount.

acsteve
10-27-2009, 05:50 PM
maybe I could fit a nagant sight, It would be much heavier and nagant bases are readily avaliable. off to measure the barrels to see if it would work. Thanks for the idea.

Bret4207
10-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Take a look at the sight bases Dutchman is making for the surplus rifles. I'm pretty sure something similar would work on the 95.

FWIW- When I bought my 95 it had a side mount scope base in it and a scope right over the bolt. How the retard that put it on ever loaded the gun I can't imagine.