PDA

View Full Version : Lachmiller Cast Bullet Sizer and Lubricator

boatswainsmate
10-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I was wondering if this are of good quality? Thanks in advance. Boats

Bent Ramrod
10-25-2009, 08:39 PM
They absolutely are. I bought my Lachmiller Lube-A-Matic at a discount in the 1970's when the Lachmiller company sold out to RCBS and the moulds, sizers, etc., were remaindered. A few months later, the sizer reappeared on the market with "RCBS" instead of "Lachmiller" on the lube reservoir and green paint instead of blue. The RCBS was essentially the same machine with the automatic lube pawl removed. It uses the same dies and nose punches as the RCBS and Lyman machines.

I use mine for the heavier-duty sizing with lubes that have to be melted and use Ideal #45's for the softer lubes and boolits that require less reduction in size. Nothing has broken or gone out of order on the Lachmiller in 30 years' use. The Auto-Lube feature was a nice try, but it seems to be set at some kind of "average" boolit with an "average" number of lube grooves that I do not have. Consequently, the pressure slowly builds up on some boolits and slackens off and needs a boost on others. I just use the ratchet wrench by hand, like on other sizers, and this works fine.

TAWILDCATT
10-30-2009, 04:07 PM
look at pictures of old lyman lubers and you can match them with any luber made except the star and meepos.