PDA

View Full Version : anyone know who Dick Day is?

Lloyd Smale
10-25-2009, 07:05 AM
got a box in the mail and it was empty and had been opened and i dont know what it was suppose to have been.

nvbirdman
10-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Hi Lloyd, that was the fmj .30 cal bullets I said I was going to send you.
You can tell by the size of the box that there weren't a whole bunch of them, so I guess it's no great loss, but I had it wrapped pretty good with tape so I wonder how the Post Office managed to lose them.
Dick Day (nvbirdman)

geargnasher
10-26-2009, 12:56 AM
Must be a reloader at the local po, Lloyd. Maybe they've figured it out by all the extra gun-related stuff going to your address in the past few months that they can get free stuff from your packages.

Gear

JRW
10-26-2009, 01:44 AM
Must be a reloader at the local po, Lloyd. Maybe they've figured it out by all the extra gun-related stuff going to your address in the past few months that they can get free stuff from your packages.

Gear

That, or if like around here, what little service they had, has gone out the window. Can't begin to count the number of damaged or opened packages and magzines i have rec'd. Had to call and complain for a while.

Prince555
10-26-2009, 02:01 AM
Postal Inspectors ???

Lloyd Smale
10-26-2009, 06:22 AM
I kind of figured that out yesterday. It finally dawned on me what they probably were. I thank you sir for the effort in this its greatly appreciated. the money for postage is in the mail and you can ignore the rest of the letter. Thanks again pal.
Hi Lloyd, that was the fmj .30 cal bullets I said I was going to send you.
You can tell by the size of the box that there weren't a whole bunch of them, so I guess it's no great loss, but I had it wrapped pretty good with tape so I wonder how the Post Office managed to lose them.
Dick Day (nvbirdman)

nvbirdman
10-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Please don't send me any money to reimburse me for the postage.
You don't have to pay anything for something you never got. That's written down in the Universal Book of Rules. I don't have time right now to look up which page it is on but you can look it up in your own book because everyone is required to have a copy on their bookshelf. That's another rule in the Universal Book of Rules.
And if you do insist on sending me any money, please send it in the form of a personal check so I can rip it up.

Lloyd Smale
10-26-2009, 05:04 PM
sorry pal but you did your part its the po that screwed up not you and i sent a 5 dollar bill so you cant even rip it up.

arcticbreeze
10-26-2009, 06:25 PM
You didn't even get B.S. "We Care, Were Sorry" Bag?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/picture.php?albumid=30&pictureid=1118

Lloyd Smale
10-27-2009, 06:46 AM
nope just a plain plastic bag

runfiverun
10-27-2009, 02:27 PM
don't send money the magnetic strip freaks out their equipment.
tape,tape,and more tape is the only option....

BarryinIN
10-28-2009, 05:54 PM

Really? If I ever get rich, maybe I'll mail paper money all over just for fun then.

Ricochet
10-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Really? If I ever get rich, maybe I'll mail paper money all over just for fun then.
I'll be glad to give you a list of addresses.

nvbirdman
10-28-2009, 11:53 PM
How much you want to bet the box came open, some postal employee saw bullets in there and went ballistic? OOPS, am I allowed to use the word ballistic?

BarryinIN
10-29-2009, 10:19 AM
I'll be glad to give you a list of addresses.
Why? It's not like it will get to them.
Give me every address but yours and you might get your dollar, though.

I'd talk more about this, but I have to take my neighbors their mail. Seriously. Three houses with no others around, and our mail still gets mixed up.

nvbirdman
10-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Lloyd, I got the $5 in the mail today (they didn't lose this one), thank you, but I still wish you hadn't sent it. Dick

pmeisel
10-30-2009, 08:12 PM
I think this thread salvaged a not so good day for me. God bless you all.

SteelyNirvana
10-31-2009, 04:03 AM
tape,tape,and more tape is the only option....

Is this true? When I was working down in FL after the '04 hurricanes, I would mail my landlady $400 in cash every month. I knew the risk of mailing cash but she always got it.

Lloyd Smale
10-31-2009, 06:51 AM
not a problem dick. you did your part and were doing me a favor. I thank you sir!
Lloyd, I got the $5 in the mail today (they didn't lose this one), thank you, but I still wish you hadn't sent it. Dick

TAWILDCATT
10-31-2009, 10:13 PM
I dont have much fath in anesty in the post office or ups.for yrs I had problem with the shotgun news there wer 7 in my town and if I did not get mine they did not.I calle in the postal inspectors and it worked for a few yrs.I ordered a book fome gold smith "the grand old lady of nomans land." $79 Idid not get it called him and he sent another.I got the empty box.called him again and shipped the box back call DC and really raised hell,got the next one.he had had that happen before.never had any more trouble.they must have got the****.anti gunners in the postoffice.I would bitch to the postal inspectors not the local PO.after all those are expensive articles and very scarce.must be worth $500 and hand made too. :coffeecom [smilie=1: