PDA

View Full Version : hope RCBS customer service is as good as everyone says...

waco
10-22-2009, 10:10 PM
finally figured out why my gaschecks would not stay on my rcbs 45-405 fn mold for my .45-70.
bad mold.:(
a friend of mine, and fellow member (cheshiredave) has the same mold.
we have been talking about this problem for some time now.
he always thought it was strange that his boolits dropped at around 410gr, while mine averaged around 425gr.(before lube).
even though ww was the alloy.
i finally had an idea. i asked him to bring an as from the mold boolit to work so i could compare it to one of mine. my thought was, maybe the cherry was run too deep into my mold blocks. this would make sense. the shank for the gascheck is tapered, and would make the base of the boolit too small. it also explains the extra weight i was getting. sure enough. my boolits were a good .040" longer than his!
noticeable longer when just sitting next to each other on a table.problem solved.:mrgreen:so, i called RCBS yesterday and talked to a nice lady there and explained my problem. mid conversation with her she says, oh good. our mold expert Larry is right here. she is relaying to him what i am telling her.i hear him in the background say... sounds like the mold was cut too deep....have him send it back. so, mold got shipped off today after work. hopefully they will fix, or replace the mold at no extra cost to me.BTW.... less than 75 boolit have been cast from this mold.
i have NEVER had a problem with any RCBS product in the 10 years i have been casting and reloading. i hope they are as good as everyone here says that they are regarding customer service:)
thanks for reading!:castmine:

cheese1566
10-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I would expect high satisfaction on what they will do! They always come through 100% for me.

Dennis Eugene
10-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Fear not,I'm convinced your covered. Dennis

beanflip
10-23-2009, 12:25 AM
your in good hands with RCBS!!!

waco
10-23-2009, 01:35 AM
ill let ya know what happens!

Shiloh
10-23-2009, 05:14 AM
No worries ever when dealing with RCBS. They have sent parts at no charge. A decapper/expander unit on a .223 that I destroyed on a stuck case, No Charge.

Other parts as well. A thirty+ year old third hand tumbler has been re-motored twice. No Charge. RCBS=gold standard of customer service.

Shiloh

Shiloh

doubs43
10-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Some years back I ordered an RCBS mold in .312" diameter to shoot in a .30 Luger. It dropped a bullet a full 10 grains less than advertised.

I contacted RCBS Customer Service and had a new mold in less than a week. I was told to keep the first one.

Same story when I misplaced a primer plug for my 4x4 press: A primer plug pack was sent free of charge.

GREAT Customer Service!

jdgabbard
10-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Hear a while back I needed a RN seater plug for one of my die sets that only came with one for a HP. Well, the dies were made quite some time back, and I'd gotten ahold of them used. I called them up, they asked for my address, I asked how much, and that lady told me it was free. They'll be taking care of you. They definitly get a A+ in my book.

Tom W.
10-23-2009, 02:07 PM
I traded for an RCBS mold, and sent it back to the factory to get refurbished, as the previous owner had buggered up the screw and the handles wouldn't come off. They sent me a brand new mold, but the recommended top punch would mar the bullet nose. I tried the top punch that I use for my .476 mold, and it did just fine. I relayed the info to RCBS, along with some pictures. It turnd out that my mold ( and a whole lot more ) were mis-cut, giving the bullet the same profile as the .476 mold I had, rather than a sharp SWC profile. I rather like the bullet it casts, so I declined to return it...

dromia
10-23-2009, 06:47 PM
"hope RCBS customer service is as good as everyone says..."

Fear not, it is. :D

kelbro
10-24-2009, 08:51 AM
None better.

monadnock#5
10-24-2009, 09:11 AM
It's always a good sign when the expert-in-residence says "sure, I know what happened without even looking at it, just send it back...:drinks:" rather than the dreaded "WHAT!!!!... no that can't be!!! in our collective 12,000 year experience we've NEVER....:evil:"

I predict that if you're not already an RCBS-for-life guy, you very soon will be.

Shooter6br
10-24-2009, 11:11 AM
I have never had a problem with RCBS. I had parts sent to me after I broke them by my stupidity NO CHARGE

Casting Timmy
10-24-2009, 11:15 AM
I recently had to call RCBS about a new bullet seater for my 45-70 die. Got a new one free of charge being sent to me now. My friend also bought a used die set and the sizer had a huge scratch in it. They fixed him up for free also.

woody1
10-24-2009, 11:53 AM
waco, They won't fix it they'll just replace it, although I'm sure Larry will take a look at it to see what the problem is. It's what keeps people coming back. Regards, Woody

badgeredd
10-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Late last week I broke the stem in my RCBS Universal Decapping Die. Partly my fault and partly the Noma brass I was decapping with a SMALL flash hole. A quick call to RCBS and I had a new part plus an extra bag of 5 pins for free. They wouldn't accept any payment and their service is stellar. I have and will continue to be a RCBS devotee for the majority of my dies and equipment. I'll pay a little more for their lifetime warranty and fantastic service.

Edd

waco
10-24-2009, 01:06 PM
you guys are making me feel better already!
they should receive the mold by monday

Bulletlube
10-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Had the same thing with a 300gr. mold they replaced it right away.

9.3X62AL
10-24-2009, 03:04 PM
RCBS has ALWAYS been first-rate on warrantee matters for me.

When I stop and think on it......I've used mostly RCBS tooling since I got into metallic cartridge handloading in 1975. This has grown to 35 calibers, and I've refilled close to a quarter-million cartridges in that time--no exaggeration. Maybe more. 75% of those have used cast boolits. Through all that, I've had to seek warrantee assistance 4-5 times, IIRC. That alone is stupendous, in this day and age. Add on that every request was fulfilled at no charge......"gold standard" is right.

delt167502
11-12-2009, 10:36 PM
i broke a decaping pin on a resizing die. i talked to a very nice lady in customer service.i explained that it was my fault ,and had nothing to due with the quailty of the die. i bought the set in 1961 she it made no diff. and said there products had a life time warranty. thats the company i buy from if they make it .you should have on problems.

geargnasher
11-12-2009, 11:00 PM
They replaced the ram and base of my ancient Ammomaster press (it was getting very worn and wobbly and frequently crushed pistol brass on the edge of the sizing die), wouldn't take my money even though I specifically asked to buy "SERVICE PARTS", figure I'm the one that wore it out, right? Wrong! I indeed wore it out, but apparently it's guaranteed against that. The nice fellow sent me brand new stuff, said lifetime means lifetime. Well, I agree, I'm a lifetime customer! Doesn't mean I don't buy other brands, too, but it does mean I'll look to RCBS products first, they have the best service I've found of the large companies and still manage to keep their quality up when everyone else is giving it up to cash in on volume.

I'm sure they'll fix you up right with your mould, a bad one is bound to slip out every now and then.

Gear

wallenba
11-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Sleep well tonight Waco, it's as good as fixed.

dromia
11-13-2009, 03:09 AM
How's this Going Waco? Any feedback from RCBS yet?