PDA

View Full Version : mold hold??

hobbles
04-28-2006, 07:54 PM
I got a question for ya boys,, How tight do I need to hold my handles together to kill any expansion till the lead sets up in a 527 round ball Lee mold?

mooman76
04-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Hand tight! When you hold the mold up and look at the seam you should only barely see a hairline crack! You don't want to hold it so tight that you hear the handels start cracking. Really it is only moderate pressure. If they are not closing quite all the way you can tap the mold lightly with your spew knocker and they should close good!

Dale53
04-28-2006, 11:01 PM
hobbles;
You might consider some of Bullshop's sprue plate lube. I have found that it lubricates the locating grooves and "V's" on the Lee moulds so that the mould halves "slide" into place. They are no longer "sticky". Absolutely the best lube for the "lube points" on Lee moulds to be had.

Dale53

Bullshop
04-29-2006, 12:21 AM
hobbles;
You might consider some of Bullshop's sprue plate lube. I have found that it lubricates the locating grooves and "V's" on the Lee moulds so that the mould halves "slide" into place. They are no longer "sticky". Absolutely the best lube for the "lube points" on Lee moulds to be had.

Dale53
Dale53
Do you mind if I add this to the Bull Plate sticky?
BIC/BS