PDA

View Full Version : Simple (sounds wierd) marinade

plumber
10-18-2009, 09:56 PM
I had some venison over a buddy's house that was beyond good. When he told me what he used for a marinade, I just kind of stared at him for a minute.
I tried it out today on some steak tips, and they were GOOD!

12 oz each:
Diet Coke
Heinz Ketchup
Ken's Steakhouse Italian Salad Dressing

that's it!

stubshaft
10-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Doesn't sound weird at all. It's like marinading ham in Dr. Pepper. I would opt for regular coke though.

MT Gianni
10-19-2009, 08:23 AM
I would use regular coke also. The sugars help to break down tissue, sweeteners don't.

wickerbill
10-24-2009, 06:08 PM
It's the acids in all three ingredients that braks down the meat in this case. Sounds good to me.
Bill

C1PNR
10-27-2009, 06:49 PM
If you have a roast, try it in your slow cooker with nothing added but Coca Cola.

With Venison it's reputed to be an old Iroquois (IIRC) recipe. Northeastern Indian, anyway. And it's Good!

I tried it on a beef roast, chuck or rump I think it was. Really good. Just do spuds and veggies on the side, not in with the meat.

wills
10-27-2009, 09:08 PM
If you have a roast, try it in your slow cooker with nothing added but Coca Cola.

With Venison it's reputed to be an old Iroquois (IIRC) recipe. Northeastern Indian, anyway. And it's Good!

I tried it on a beef roast, chuck or rump I think it was. Really good. Just do spuds and veggies on the side, not in with the meat.

I wonder where those old indians got their Coca Cola.

MT Gianni
10-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Da Kola nut.