PDA

View Full Version : Primers in APS strips

trooperdan
04-26-2006, 03:47 PM
I use one of the RCBS hand priming tools that feeds the primers in plastic strips, as far as I know only CCI ever put primers up in these strips.

I really like the tool; it has a "universal' shell-holder arrangement and the primer strips are convienent. Anyone else use this system?

Now to the "heart" of my question; where is the cheapest place to buy APS primers? I think Natchez stocks them but they want about $8 a thousand more for the strips, $24.50 per M. I'm afraid this system didn't catch on and might be dropped before long and I'd like to stock up on primers before that happens.

swampmaster
04-26-2006, 07:03 PM
You can reuse the primer strips and just use reg primers that are cheaper. RCBS Sells the tool to reload the strips.I think they run about 20.00 or so just stock up on extra stips or the different colors if need be and you should be good to go.

I dont have the hand held one but do have a press mounted and a bench mounted one

Maj Tom
04-29-2006, 10:27 PM
You can reuse the primer strips and just use reg primers that are cheaper. RCBS Sells the tool to reload the strips.I think they run about 20.00 or so just stock up on extra stips or the different colors if need be and you should be good to go.

I dont have the hand held one but do have a press mounted and a bench mounted one
The strips last a longggggggg time. I've loaded about 60K rounds using the same 12 strips (I have many extras should I ever need them)....