PDA

View Full Version : Lee 6.5 What is the B.C?

Shooter6br
10-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Since i am too lazy to get my chronograph out I can try to get the velocity if I have a rough idea of the Lees B.C Based on velocity of 1500fps Any help Thanks Rick( P.S. I know the zero at 50 yrds) I plug in the numbers on my ballistic program

Buckshot
10-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Since i am too lazy to get my chronograph out I can try to get the velocity if I have a rough idea of the Lees B.C Based on velocity of 1500fps Any help Thanks Rick( P.S. I know the zero at 50 yrds) I plug in the numbers on my ballistic program

..............Wish I knew. I'll give this a bump back up and maybe someone who DOES know will clue us both in :-)

..............Buckshot

Tom Myers
10-15-2009, 11:53 AM
..............Wish I knew. I'll give this a bump back up and maybe someone who DOES know will clue us both in :-)

..............Buckshot

I scaled an image of the bullet and plugged the dimensions into my BC estimator and it returned a BC of 0.4001. Given the length of the beast, that should be fairly close to a real world figure. However, if a bullet of that length is even the slightest bit unstable during the trajectory, air resistance will greatly increase, resulting in a dramatic drop in the Ballistic Coefficient.

If you are sure of your muzzle velocity, have accurate measurements of your ranges and can get small, tight groups at two different ranges that are not too close together, you can keep adjusting your BC value in your ballistic software until you come up with a value that coincides with your real world bullet impact centers at both ranges. It works, but you really have to pay attention to all the small details to arrive at accurate values throughout the process.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
Tom Myers
Precision Ballistics and Records (http://www.uslink.net/~tom1/)

Shooter6br
10-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Thankls for the info