PDA

View Full Version : Powder available in San Antonio Tx area

hammerhead357
10-11-2009, 08:41 PM
I know that there are a few members here that live in and around San Antonio so I hope this information will help. I was fed up with the local shops that never had any or a very limited supply.

I found a shop that has a large supply of powder on hand. They even have it in 4, 8 and 25 lb. containers. The prices seem to be resonable but not a bargin. There is a good selection of powder too. The shop is Trainer Hale supply at the Bexar Community Shooting Complex.
If you can't find it shoot me a PM and I will give directions. The people I delt with were very nice and helpful.

Now for the bad news, no primers, except shotgun primers on hand. Didn't inquire when they would have some available....Wes

thx997303
10-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I haven't had any problem finding powder, seems like everyone has it.

Primers on the other hand.

gwilliams2
10-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Yep, that's where I've been buying my powder for the last few years; great people, no problems.

hammerhead357
10-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Glen what impressed me was the selection and the fact that they had large canisters of it. Yes the people are very nice and helpful.
Most of the other shops have limited selections and only 1 lb. containers.
I was in the Powder Horn today and they have primers but limit is 100 a day per customer. Glad I didn't drive 35 miles to buy primers I guess that the shops don't care about the people that live outside of San Antonio....Wes

geargnasher
10-15-2009, 01:59 AM
I'll be up there during Nationals, Ken Rucker at Speedbump stockworks should have my Nikko ready and I always stop by and get some supplies from Trainer Hale if he has what I need. Can't find the contact info at the moment but Len will bring whatever you need from his shop to his Complex store if you call ahead.

He's been out of everything except shotgun primers since early this year, same as everyone else.

Gear

hammerhead357
10-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Gear, Ken at Speedbump did a stock fitting job for my 13 year old. He is great.
I wasn't aware that Trainer Hale Supply had a booth at vendors row.
I need to go out to the Shooting Complex and see if I can pick up some Win AA shells. My son is shooting 4-H Claybusters and is keeping me busy reloading for him. Also running out of empties to reload due to failures...Wes