PDA

View Full Version : It followed me home

NickSS
10-11-2009, 07:09 AM
I visited my favorite gun shop a couple of days ago as I often do to brows and talk with the owner and other guys. I was sort of thinking about a DA Semi auto 45 ACP and started out by looking at an XD and a Sig in that caliber. I then looked at another display case and spotted a Ruger XP 100 in 357 mag. I own two Security Six 357s with a 4 inch and 6 inch barrels and really saw no need for another 357 mag but decided to look at it just for jollies. Well it was a brand new gun and felt good in my hand but then I tried the DA trigger pull. I didn't believe my finger so I tried it about six more times. I have shot a lot of DA revolvers and own a few but this one had a better feeling trigger than any factory revolver I ever tried (especially Rugers). I then tried the single action pull. I broke cleanly at about 3 pound with no creep and no over travel. Right there I had to buy it and it came home with me. Today I took it to the range with some target wad cutter 38 ammo and proceeded to blow the X and 10 ring out of a 25 yard pistol target at 25 yards. I even fired three cylinders full DA at 25 yards and all but one round stayed in the 10 ring. I must have got lucky and got a ruger that has an excellet trigger with no smithing needed. This is a first for me and I have been buying hand guns since 1968.

bullshot
10-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Don't ya love when that happens. I have a Smith 625 that has all the qualities that I must like. Like you, it seems like I can't do anything wrong with it.

Bret4207
10-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Ruger GP-100
Remington XP-100