PDA

View Full Version : Sundog....

oksmle
10-10-2009, 08:47 PM
How did the Military Bolt Action Bench Rest Oklahoma Championship match turn out?

sundog
10-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Ya know, I'm glad you asked! First, we had a good time. Second, a lot of us made excuses for shotts we really didn't think we made, but owned up to -- know what I mean???? Hmmmm?

Ron Dogget turned in best aggregate with a 299 and a lot of Xs. Congratulations, Ron.

Tim M***pulst"", not sure of spelling, shot small group at 1.5sumthang. I did my best and thought i was in the running when I shot a really nice group that turned out to be 1.8 sumthang, but my hat is off to Tim. Good Shooting!

OKC won the shoot off with a [I think] 1477-44X. My stat guy will be compiling results and getting everyone notified.

We had a great day that started a little cool, lots of scuddy fog cells rolling across the hills, and varying calm to 15 knots out of the NE. It wasn't until well after the match was over that any mirage became a problem (I stayed and shot for awhile longer). Ground was very wet from the 5+ soaking we got and when the sun finally stayed lit good mirage was a boil.

It was nice to renew old friendships. Got to visit with Calamity Jake which is always a great pleasure.

It seems to me that this is the 12th Annual shoot. Is that correct? 97 and 98 at Tri-City and then Oil Capital thru today. We agreed another year at Oil Capital and S.V. offered Tri-City for 2011 if range improvements are completed. Personally, I'm looking forward to that.

Next Year's shot off is schedule for the 2nd Saturday in October at Oil Capital. It is a great pleasure to host all y'all (for anyone what ain't Okie "all y'all" means everone) for this fine event.

I saw some really really good groups and scores today. What a pleasure to be around so many fine folks!

sundog
10-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Ah, almost forgot. Highlight for day was some Russian dude named Andre shot a 100, 100, and a 96, with Xs.

With a Nagant! Way to go Andre!!! He shot next to me on the second firing order (I was RO on the first), and I must say that I am glad I met the young man.

Calamity Jake
10-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Ah, almost forgot. Highlight for day was some Russian dude named Andre shot a 100, 100, and a 96, with Xs.

With a Nagant! Way to go Andre!!! He shot next to me on the second firing order (I was RO on the first), and I must say that I am glad I met the young man.

Andre has been shooting MB matches for about a year and half now, he started with that old 91/30 and some real bad import ammo. I got him into handloading for it, tought him all I could with just meeting once a month at the matches.
Did I do good or what!!!!!!:razz::razz:

You did another great job this year, enjoyed it a lot although I did not shoot real well. Hope to be able to partake again next year.

The offer still stands on the spotting scope mount if you want to try it.