PDA

View Full Version : Confusion in the Ranks

jim4065
10-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Trying to get my molds organized. Most of 'em are 6 cavity Lee's and all are in original boxes. So my thought was - print some 3.5 x 1.25" labels and stick one on each box end. In addition to the alphanumeric designation, I also want to include a neat little drawing of the boolit on each label. (I did save a copy of each Group Buy drawing.)

To cut to the finish - has anyone already done this and (if so) do you have a simple file (or whatever) to make Word or Publisher print the labels? Just lazy, and would rather avoid duplicating a better man's efforts.......... :mrgreen:

Buckshot
10-10-2009, 10:11 PM
................Sounds just way to organized :-) Besides, I have no idea how to print labels.

................Buckshot

Edubya
10-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Mine are labeled size-weight-maker; i.e. 429-255-RCBS, 430-220-SAECO or 430-240-SAECO. Make it as simple as you can live with and carry on. I label each box of bullets the same way, when the cartridge is finished I ad the powder brand and charge weight. I use magnum primers in all of my loads so I don't normally include the maker of the primer, I have run out of a few so it is included in the exceptions. I do indicate the OAL on all finished boxes (MTM cases). PLUS DATE/BHN
EW

xr650
10-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Depending on what version of Word you use.

This is 03
Click on Tools
Letter and mailings
Envelopes and labels
Click labels
Choose label that you have
Paste label in window (if you highlight the label data in your document you do not need to paste, it will already be there)

I think I have 07 or 08??? on my work computer.
The letters and mailings is on the top bar (don't have to open tools)

Hope this helps.

xr650
10-11-2009, 12:12 AM
I did not play with this idea much. I could not paste a print of a boolit into a label.
If this works for you I would like to know how you do it. Sounds like a good idea.

GLL
10-11-2009, 04:40 PM
I use Photoshop to generate labels with the original Group Buy drawing. I keep a Photoshop file with all of the drawings & bullet photos I take. When the Group Buy mould arrives I just glue on the image.

I will not be joining any more LEE Group Buys so the system will not be used much anymore !

The boxes from NOE, BRP, MiHec, MM, etc. are too small to include the images but it sure does not take them 12-14 months to get a mould out !

Jerry

jim4065
10-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I use Photoshop to generate labels with the original Group Buy drawing. I keep a Photoshop file with all of the drawings & bullet photos I take. When the Group Buy mould arrives I just glue on the image.

Jerry

That's what I'm wanting to do - in effect - but no Photoshop. So I guess I should make a label with the mold designation, then a separate label (or sticker) with the drawing? Or are you just printing on a piece of paper and then gluing the paper to the box?

mold maker
10-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Gummed label stock is available in several sizes and shapes. They are sold as address labels etc. My old printer will allow me to print one label at a time.
Thanks for another good idea.

SciFiJim
10-11-2009, 05:31 PM
I have just what you want in the form of a Word document of a page of blank labels. Inserting a picture is easy. Then change the alignment of the picture and insert the desired text. Anyone that wants a copy with the first label done as an example, PM me with an email address and I will send you a copy.

PM sent to jim4065.

chboats
10-11-2009, 06:07 PM
If you are using Avery labels there is free software available from Avery that allows you to design and print any of their labels. They also have MS Word templates for their labels.
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-%26-Software/Software/_/Ns=Rank

I use the DesignPro software. Once you learn how to use it you can put any thing you want on the labels. If I can figure it out anyone can.

Carl

94Doug
10-11-2009, 06:10 PM
You might also use Publisher.

Doug

GLL
10-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Jim:

i just print on bond paper and glue it ! That way I can make it any size I want. I could use Avery labels as well since I have a wide variety of sizes available.

There are many free programs that will work. I use Photoshop since that is one I use every day anyway and am familiar with what I can do with it.

Jerry

TAWILDCATT
10-12-2009, 12:33 PM
I have lee six cavity and they all have the bullet and number on end.I just stack the boxes and can read off what I have.