PDA

View Full Version : stieff pewter??

troy_mclure
10-09-2009, 05:36 PM
is it a type of pewter, or just a brand?

its a pitcher, and 8 cups, weighs around 3lbs.

wants $25 for it. pretty high for something to melt down huh?

montana_charlie
10-09-2009, 05:52 PM
If you Google 'stieff pewter' you'll learn that it is the last name of Kirk Steiff...a well-known maker of pewter objects.

If you don't Google 'stieff pewter', you can come here and ask...and one of us will do it for you.
CM

odinohi
10-09-2009, 07:12 PM
When buying pewter online, if I can get it for 4.00 or under shipped per pound I'll buy it, anymore than that I will pass. I just bought 5 pewter plates that weigh 13.62 lbs for 40.00 shipped. More than I pay for garage sale pewter, but much less driving and effort. This year I have got 19lbs of pewter not counting the plates that I just bought. Kinda fun melting down someones past treasures. Tom

troy_mclure
10-09-2009, 07:38 PM
If you Google 'stieff pewter' you'll learn that it is the last name of Kirk Stieff...a well-known maker of pewter objects.

If you don't Google 'stieff pewter', you can come here and ask...and one of us will do it for you.
CM

cant google, my computer is currently messed up, only 4 sites i can access thru my firewall right now.

Shiloh
10-09-2009, 07:47 PM
IIRC, Steiff was a silver flatware and holloware company. They eventually became Kirk Steiff. They had a pewter line as well as a fine jewelry line. Used to know a manufacturers rep. about 25 years ago.

Shiloh