PDA

View Full Version : Lee 30-150-TL-PB in my .30-06...Again

Maven
10-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Was playing with this CB the other day hoping to maintain accuracy while controlling bore leading and have learned that velocity is a key factor. By using small amounts of pistol powder, I've been able to hold ~1" accuracy @ 50 yds. from a rest (unweighed CBs). If I fired enough of them, many hits would be touching. Tuesday I tried 7grs. Hodgdon Clays (original version) v. 9.5grs. B. Dot, using unsized, unweighed, Lee liq. alox lubed CB's and got only a light wash of leading toward the muzzle after 50 shots. If you have R. Dot or G. Dot, try them in small doses (6.5 - 7.5grs) or Unique (8grs., maybe 8.5grs.) if you have it. Also, segregating your CB's by cavity ( 1 - 3 v. 4 - 6) and then weighing each group is something I'm going to try in order to boost accuracy a bit. Lastly, I haven't found any notable link between OAL and accuracy in my '06 and so have settled on 3.11", which is long enough to engrave the CB and eliminate "the wobblies" caused by the CB's design when seated long, e.g. 3.14".