PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Model 94 Value

Gene Perryman
10-08-2009, 12:15 AM
I have an opportunity to buy a 20 to 25 year old Winchester Model 94 (pre-safety model) thats suppose to be in excellent condition for $350. Is it worth it ????

Thanks,

Gene Perryman

cakes
10-08-2009, 03:05 AM
Around here, I see them go for $300 very regularly. $350 out the door doesn't sound unreasonable. If you have to add shipping or tax it seems on the high side.

Lead Fred
10-08-2009, 03:06 AM
Post 64-70 $300ish, $70-80 $400ish anything later, Id not even look at.

Those are prices in my area, I jsut picked one up last month, and was looking for awhile.

JRW
10-08-2009, 03:45 AM
I have an opportunity to buy a 20 to 25 year old Winchester Model 94 (pre-safety model) thats suppose to be in excellent condition for $350. Is it worth it ????

Thanks,

Gene Perryman

Gene, You don't say where you hail from, but here in Tucson, most anything with Winchester engraved on it goes for 400-500 and up.

oldhickory
10-08-2009, 05:15 AM
Eh, not a bargain, but I don't think you're being ripped-off either. Last month I attended a "sportsmans" show, (just a bunch of guys swappin, sellin&buyin) and M94s-336s were in that range. I don't think I would pay that for either, but then again I have 3 Pre war 1894s and I'm not looking to expand with a post 64. Around here, 4-450 is what I would expect to pay for a PRE-64 NON-PRE 1925 1894 in usable shape.

Bob.
10-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Dont mean to highjack the thread but I wound up with a 10 year old Win 94 Ranger .
It has been shot 1 time and still has the tag on the lever.
I have the box of ammo that was bought with the rifle with one round fired and the box the rifle came in but it's in bad shape.
I have been told different prices from $350 to $500 ?
Just wondering about what it's really worth?

Bob.

NickSS
10-10-2009, 03:47 AM
$350 for a decent 94 pre safety is an ok price in my area. A year ago I bought a beat up one for $225 that shoots just fine. If it is one of the post 64 pre 70 ones with sheet metal parts they are not worth $200 in my opinion.

Not to diverge from the thread but I have a 1913 vintage short rifle 94 in 38-55 with an excellent bore but the rifle was reblued at some time. Anyone know what its worth????

358wcf
10-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Here on the Left Coast of California (People's Republic of) those prices are unheard of-- Firearms in operable condition here are fetching prices you cannot believe- I look in shops up and down the state in my travels, and almost never see a Win94 in decent "shooter" condition for less than $500-595.
Costs of everything here are outrageous, homes, goods, autos, gasoline (highest in the nation, within sight of the refinery!), firearms and ammo! Taxes and unemployment are sky high!
If our Governator does not veto a bill by tomorrow, we will have to present ID and fingerprints to purchase any ammo that will chamber in a pistol or revolver, and that includes everything that Thompson-Center ever chambered the Contender for----

I can see Texas and California seceding from the US, but how do we secede from Calif????

358wcf

Forgive my rant, please! :mad:

Bob.
10-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Here on the Left Coast of California (People's Republic of) those prices are unheard of-- Firearms in operable condition here are fetching prices you cannot believe- I look in shops up and down the state in my travels, and almost never see a Win94 in decent "shooter" condition for less than $500-595.
Costs of everything here are outrageous, homes, goods, autos, gasoline (highest in the nation, within sight of the refinery!), firearms and ammo! Taxes and unemployment are sky high!
If our Governator does not veto a bill by tomorrow, we will have to present ID and fingerprints to purchase any ammo that will chamber in a pistol or revolver, and that includes everything that Thompson-Center ever chambered the Contender for----
I can see Texas and California seceding from the US, but how do we secede from Calif????

358wcf

Forgive my rant, please! :mad:

Wow! :holysheep

Bob.

cakes
10-11-2009, 05:06 AM

Move. I don't think anyone will be at the state line keeping you from leaving.

looseprojectile
10-20-2009, 03:03 PM
I attended the gunshow last weekend and saw pre 64 94s selling for five to six hundred. The post 64s were not far behind those prices, three to four fifty.

358; I did part of my growing up in California and it is a beautiful State, has it all.
It's the freaken people that have screwed it all up. It's not far to Oregon:killingpc

Life is good

txpete
10-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Move. I don't think anyone will be at the state line keeping you from leaving.

+1 just leave the freaks and dem-0-rats behind we don't want them.I think we should sell CA back to mexico for 1.00.it would get rid of the trash/freaks/nut jobs out of washington to boot.[smilie=w:

pete