PDA

View Full Version : front sights

Turboman
10-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Does anyone other than mva make the windage adjustable front sights?Trying to get ready for the long shots here and would like to have one with the level on the inside of the globe if possible.
thanks jeff

calaloo
10-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Look on the Buffalo Arms site. They sell a wide selection of sights. I believe someone makes a front globe with the level inside but I don't know if it has windage. Don't recall who makes it either.

Boz330
10-06-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm not sure if the level is internal but Pedersoli makes a windage adjustable front sight. I'm sure there are others, you might check Track of the Wolf.

Bob

Circuit Rider
10-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Calaloo is correct, www.buffaloarms.com. They should have want you need. Circuit Rider:cbpour:

montana_charlie
10-06-2009, 02:03 PM
MVA doesn't make any globe sights with internal sprit level vials.
There are at least two makers who use internal vials (Shaver and Baldwin?), but I don't recall ever seeing a windage-adjustable globe with an internal vial.

CM

Hip's Ax
10-07-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm running Baldwin front and Baldwin LR rear on my 45-70 CPA at 200/300/600 and Baldwin front and Baldwin LR rear on my CPA 45-90 at 800/900/1000. I've never felt a reason to want a front windage adjustable sight. The Baldwin front has a spirit level built in.

cajun shooter
10-07-2009, 09:00 AM
I have the Pedersoli sight kit which comes in a box and contains the windage front with external vial. I would think from my small amout of BPLR shooting that this is over kill with the Soule rear that has so much adjustment. You could make windage corrections for most things short of a hurricane.

waksupi
10-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I have the Pedersoli sight kit which comes in a box and contains the windage front with external vial. I would think from my small amout of BPLR shooting that this is over kill with the Soule rear that has so much adjustment. You could make windage corrections for most things short of a hurricane.

There are some ranges you would find you have both the front, and Soule pegged out for windage, and are still adding a bit of Kentucky windage! It's windy in the west!

Gellot Wilde
10-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Have two of the Shaver frontsights...excellent value for money. One on the Pedersoli Sharps and the other on the front stuffer..I find the spirit level tucked into the globe is excellent compared to the external Pedersoli type which arrived with the Gibbs.

montana_charlie
10-07-2009, 01:59 PM
I would think from my small amout of BPLR shooting that this is over kill with the Soule rear...
The Soule was invented to eliminate the need for the windage front.
There are some ranges you would find you have both the front, and Soule pegged out for windage, and are still adding a bit of Kentucky windage!
That would simply be more 'fun' than I could stand to enjoy...

CM

texasmac
10-08-2009, 03:05 AM
Turboman,

Check out my BPCR windage adjustable front sight for sale, which is listed on this forum at http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=685009#post685009

Wayne

hiram
10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.jeffsoutfitters.com/store.aspx?panel=1&categoryid=66