PDA

View Full Version : LEE Precision Melt

WILCO
10-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Just recieved my LEE Precision Melter yesterday and what a dream it is!!!!
1,000 times better than a hot plate and melts lead muffins fast!
It's good to be able to cast boolits again..........

docone31
10-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Only melt ingots. Never raw scrap.
I spin the nozzle at shut down. No dripping yet.
I use Kitty Litter on top of my melter. When I turns into powder, I add more.
I really like mine. Has lasted a long time now.

Wally
10-06-2009, 09:39 AM
I have been using mine for a long time and think it works quite well. It drips occasionally and I have no problem fixing that in short order. Not sure why so many have a problem with theirs.

TAWILDCATT
10-06-2009, 12:36 PM
the Melter is not got a spout.its for ladle work.unless he did not post correct.

mold maker
10-06-2009, 12:42 PM
I think prestige is more of a problem than the equipment. Many read that the LEE BP furnaces are a real problem and when they see a drip, they get all dispondent over it.
Any bottom pour can, and will drip, under the right circumstances. My Lyman BP has an occasional drip, and also the problem of spout freeze up. I paid enough for it to have bought several LEE's.
Most often, these problems are our fault, and can be quickly fixed. If your pot has dross or oxide residue in it, it will either drip, stop up, or both. It really doesn't matter whose lable it wears.
I use Lee, Lyman, and Seaco, BP pots with equal success. You do however, have to learn what each piece of equipment needs, to do it's job.

WILCO
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
the Melter is not got a spout.its for ladle work.

It's for ladle work.......

tgd31968
11-08-2009, 12:59 AM
I have been using mine for a long time and think it works quite well. It drips occasionally and I have no problem fixing that in short order. Not sure why so many have a problem with theirs.

So how do you fix it? Mine drips pretty badly, and turning the valve needle doesn't seem to stop it. I have the 20 lb bottom pour, and an older 10 lb with an angled valve pin which does not drip.

Frozone
11-08-2009, 03:10 PM
So how do you fix it? Mine drips pretty badly, and turning the valve needle doesn't seem to stop it. I have the 20 lb bottom pour, and an older 10 lb with an angled valve pin which does not drip.

Next time it's empty, clamp the needle in a drill and use some valve grinding compound to lap the seat in the spout. Then add a little extra weight to the handle.
I added a spring to my 20#.

stephen perry
11-08-2009, 03:21 PM
This will be my next pot. I have looked at it since it came out.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Alex
11-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Yep, That's the one alrighty. Mine (just like yours) works exceptionally well. I had the 10 lb bottom pour for years. Used the heck out of it. Just finally decided to get a Rowell casting ladle and found out I'm really a ladle guy.