PDA

View Full Version : Need help, CZ 527 info.

scb
10-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey guys. I've got a Sako Vixen barreled action that I picked up "cheap". It was missing the magazine box, mag. follower , and mag spring. After 2 years of looking I've given up on finding original parts. What I was looking for is the center to center distance on the CZ 527 guard screws. If they are close maybe I can fit a CZ trigger guard - mag. assembly to the Sako. My other option is a magazine box from a Remington 799. Remington barely acknowledges the existence of the 799 on their web site so I'm not holding my breath on that possibility. Thanks for your help.

AZHighwall
10-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Okay, I not a machinist but I measured the guard screws on my CZ 527 Fullstock and I came up with 141 mm CTC. I used Frankford Arsenal digital calipers.

scb
10-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks AZ. BTW too short. Need to have about 6.25" (159mm). Have to look elsewhere. But again thanks.

Baron von Trollwhack
10-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Call around to the benchrest people as advertise in the Precision Shooting Magazine. A great many Sako L 461 repeater actions were turned into benchrest guns before PPC time and the mag and bottom iron was not used. They may be able to point you to operating gunsmiths or sources from those days.

Mine was a 6X47, fortunately I retained the iron. Its now a 7.62X39 carbine.

BvT

scb
10-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Call around to the benchrest people as advertise in the Precision Shooting Magazine. A great many Sako L 461 repeater actions were turned into benchrest guns before PPC time and the mag and bottom iron was not used. They may be able to point you to operating gunsmiths or sources from those days.

Mine was a 6X47, fortunately I retained the iron. Its now a 7.62X39 carbine.

BvT

Good idea, thanks. I'll try that.

StarMetal
10-05-2009, 04:12 PM
SCB,

Now listen to what I have to say. Jim Lutes in Kansas has the complete trigger guard assembly. That is the trigger guard, magazine box, spring, and follower. Expensive $295. Now listen to this, he has the magazine followers, two of them. With any kind of mechanical ability you can fashion the box out of sheet metal. The spring, use your imaginations, I bet something from another rifle will fit. Look how interchangeable the Mausers are from all countries including the Jap rifles. I just got off the phone with him. I've know him a long time. Here's his phone number 1-319 799-2509. Bear with him, he's old and hard of hearing so talk loud in the phone.

Joe

Three44s
10-06-2009, 02:31 AM
I typed in Sako Vixen parts ........

........ this is but a sample of what I got with Google:

http://sakocollectors.lefora.com/

http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2347

Best of luck

Three 44s