PDA

View Full Version : Silhouette notebook

crabo
10-03-2009, 04:19 PM
I just started shooting lever action 22 and decided I want to start keeping records.

I am planning on including:
weapon
ammo
target category totals (Chickens, pigs, ect)
total score
wind and weather conditions
Location and classification of the match (club, district, state, ect)
Rear sight, front sight insert

Sight settings

Mental atitude?

Anything else I should include?

Thanks,

Doc Highwall
10-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Light conditions, light direction in relation to firing line and targets. Ammo lot numbers and sight picture for each target chicken, pig, etc. Color of targets white/black, background color sand/grass etc. anything that affects your sight picture. Also if the fireing line causes you to shoot uphill/downhill and where you put the buttplate for your natural point of aim for that range and distance. When I was shooting smallbore position the target holders were sometimes fixed for say offhand and I had to record my buttplate setting so my natural point of aim was at the target and not over/under it.

Wayne S
10-06-2009, 09:02 AM
If you are getting this serious about this, besides all the perecorded data, I would set up the page , either 4 different one for the four different targets, or all 4 on one big page 10 small animals for marking your call shots;ie, shoot a target, CALL where you think you hit the target, then mark on the big target where you actually hit the target. Very much like a Nat.Match "shooting book"

JRW
10-07-2009, 03:09 AM
you might try contacting Mike Venturino. He had put some books together for this very purpose, very reasonable cost. several shooters I know are using his books.