View Full Version : Uncle got a new toy, 9mm luger, need to find out how to disassemble.

Muddy Creek Sam
10-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Howdy all,

My Uncle's brother gave him a 9mm Luger, Not sure what brand or model. Can someone point me to a site for disassembly and cleaning for these guns.

Thanks,

Sam :D

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Is it made by Luger, or is that the cartridge size?

Gonna need more info . . . got a picture . . .?

Muddy Creek Sam
10-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Shawn,

It is a luger style gun, it looks just like this (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=141351601#PIC)only not near as nice Has the same symbol on top. His brother said it was made from parts. I didn't have a Camera when I was at his house. They are supposed to bring it out next week. Wish I had more info. But it looks like the german gun from all I have ever seen.

Sam :D

dubber123
10-03-2009, 02:16 AM
I can tell you if the sear spring is weak, they will put 4 rounds right between your feet in a hurry......

Edubya
10-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Standard Catalog of Luger Aarron Davis ©2006
Gun Digest Books
256 pages paperbound, 8 ˝” x 11”
$29.99 US
I typed in "Erfurt Imperial/ disassemble" Google search and got many results. I didn't look at all of them, figured you or your Uncle could. Here is one that might get you started.
Good Luck,
EW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Davis notes in his Forward, this book is the expanded, updated followup to his Luger Handbook, 1997. By its content and organization, it is intended to be the compendium of Luger knowledge, based on model and variation identification determined by Davis’s systematic logic-tree identification system.

A listing of the chapters serves to indicate the scope and scale of the endeavour:
1. Luger History
2. Luger Mechanics
3. Luger Markings
4. Lugers by Era and User
5. Lugers by Manufacturer
6. Lugers by Features
7. Lugers in Detail
8. Luger Accessories
9. Luger Collecting Advice
10. Summary of Values
http://luger.gunboards.com/archive/index.php?t-8715.html

Hardcast416taylor
10-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Look in the book "Small Arms of the World". I seem to remember seeing how to strip a Luger.Robert

Shiloh
10-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Look Here

GO to the Maintenance Page Disassemby/Reassemby on the right side of the page. It gives step by step details

http://www.surplusrifle.com/pistolp08luger/index.asp

Shiloh

BruceB
10-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Push the muzzle against a solid surface (like a tabletop) hard enough to force back the entire barrel/receiver assembly to its rear limit ....about 3/8" as I recall.

Rotate the knurled lever on the left side above the trigger ninety degrees down.

Remove the square side plate above the lever, and relax the rearward pressure.

The entire barrel-receiver assembly will now slide forward and off the pistol.

Remove the large pin at the rear of the of the upper assembly, and the bolt/toggle group will come out to the rear.

Re-assemble in reverse order.

TCLouis
10-03-2009, 10:32 PM
First three steps
Check to see if it is loaded.

Remove magazine, check to see if is unloaded.

Toggle the toggle and actually look in the chamber this time to be sure it is unloaded

leadeye
10-04-2009, 09:05 PM
They are great shooters and natural pointing guns, you should have a lot of fun with it.