PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Ammuntion

StarMetal
04-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Fellows my best friend sent me an article about Wolf ammo. Lot of interesting things about it. For one Wolf ammo isn't Russian, it's made in Yugolavia. Anyways there's alot of good news for us obslete military caliber shooter and if you send me your email I'll send you a PDF file with the article.

Joe

C A Plater
04-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Wolf is mostly a marketing outfit. Some of their ammo is Russian especially the steel case stuff. The .22 ammo is made in Germany by SK Jadgt and top grade product, a favorite of target shooters. I've seen their "Gold" line and it is marked as made in Yugoslavia. It may be the Privi Partizan I've seen before. My recollection is that it was decent ammo in the same class as S&B. It appears all the Gold line is boxer primed, handy for us reloaders.

StarMetal
04-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Plater,

You better send me your email and I'll send you the article because you are wrong.

Joe

Maven
04-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Courtney's right about the accuracy of Wolf "Match Target" and "Match Extra" .22cal. ammo.!

StarMetal
04-21-2006, 05:07 PM
You should see what the qualifications are for their sniper ammo. I was impressed for run of the mill military sniper ammo for a previous combloc country and to boot the new rifle they are shooting it out of. Looks like a Dragnov, but isn't. That's in the article too.

Joe

felix
04-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Joe, is the article wrong or is Plater wrong? How can you tell? ... felix

C A Plater
04-21-2006, 06:52 PM
http://www.wolfammo.com/
http://www.prvipartizan.com/

It may be the Privi Partizan

Then again it may not.

StarMetal
04-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Their new line of brass ammo is Prvip.....Read the article.

Joe

StarMetal
04-21-2006, 08:40 PM
The company making the ammo has been making ammo for 78 years. Actually Wolf Ammo was created by an American company...it's not the name of the ammo or factory over THERE. It all started when the Iron Curtain fell and you could buy and import Coimbloc ammo, which mean it come just about anywhere including Russia. Now all Wolf ammo is made by that factory that has been making ammo for 78 yrs and it's in Serbia. Send your email Felix and I'll send you the article.

Joe

trooperdan
04-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Joe, I'd like to read about Wolf ammo.

StarMetal
04-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Pm me your email Trooper Dan.

Joe

Mugs
04-21-2006, 11:33 PM
I just received a case of Wolf Match Target 3 days ago. The box reads Lapua made in Germany.

Mugs

C A Plater
04-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Same stuff as before but new name.

From Lapua web site:
SK Jagd- und Sportmunitions GmbH in Germany (affiliated company of Nammo Lapua Oy) changed its name to Lapua GmbH.

Johnch
04-22-2006, 02:54 PM
There was a artical in Shot Gun News a few weeks ( months ?) back about how Prvi Partizan was going to be sold in the US as Wolf Gold I beleive .

I have burned several thousand rnds of their steel cased 7.62X39 FMJ .( Russain)
Good stuff

Johnch

StarMetal
04-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Well geez....might as well spill some of the beans. As most you know most Wolf ammo has steel cases. Also Wolf ammo wasn't made for alot of obsolete military rifles. Well those are going to change. Prvi is going to make brass boxer primed cases and also make ammo for the obsolete military rifles. Might be where Graf is getting their stuff for the obsolete ammo.

Either read the article (send your email) and find out what the steel cases are coated with or maybe C A Plater can tell you since he knows ALL about Wolf ammo. [smilie=w:

Joe

Jeffreytooker
04-22-2006, 05:01 PM
I have looked at Graf and Midway. Who is carrying the Wolf line?

Jeffrey

Char-Gar
04-25-2006, 11:22 AM
I buy Wolf ammo from www.ammoman.com Thus far I have only used the 45 ACP 230 ball, but it is good stuff..dirty as all get out, but stone cold reliable in my 1911s and accuracy is as good as any hardball.

jh45gun
04-27-2006, 01:45 AM
Well he is right on about the 22 ammo it was made by SK Jag I have shot both the wolf ammo and the SK and it is headstamped the same and smells about the same too but it sure shoots nice. I also read that SK was taken over by Lapua or affiliated with them.