PDA

View Full Version : 50 bmg

ddeaton
10-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I read the posts on the mold NOE just finished up for the 50, and I got on the waiting list for the next run. My plan was to get a single shot upper that sits on a AR15 lower before all the price hike and hoarding started, but I didnt. I talked myself out of it, already having a solid magwell unfinished lower that I started working on for the base of this. After reading the posts on this mold and looking at the pics, my interest is sparked again. Someone hit me in the head and talk me out of this. I just took a buddy to a local ammo supplier I have been dealing with for 30 yrs and came home with a box of 50 BMG primers.
I now have the following:

Press and dies
Primers
AR15 Solid Magwell Lower
NOE mold on order

I need the following:

50 BMG Upper assembly
brass
powder
gas checks
Lyman Sizing Die for 450
Something to trim the brass with

Am I crazy, or should I continue?

Jack Stanley
10-01-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't think you are crazy at all , many of us have got into a project on less material laying around than you have collected already .

Go after it and have fun .

Jack

rockrat
10-01-2009, 09:47 PM
GI brass, pats reloading or Hi-tech for brass & powder, Blammer for GC's, Midway for size die, or "Buckshot" for the die, and Lee makes an inexpensive trimmer.

Welcome to the fire of the 50bmg. Let you know when the mould comes in.

Shiloh
10-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Geez,

You'll go through a stash of wheelweights in a hurry!! You'll get what, 10 boolits per pound??

Shiloh

ddeaton
10-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks Rockrat, I just pm'd Buckshot for the die and Blammer for the checks. There is a guy in KY that has brass and powder, I cant think of his name at the moment. He sets up at Knob Creek. I need to look at the date for Knob Creek this month and maybe go.

Jack Stanley
10-03-2009, 10:21 PM
I think Knob Creek is this friday , saturday and sunday . Have a great time !!

Jack