PDA

View Full Version : Roll sizers/Factory crimp dies

FISH4BUGS
09-28-2009, 10:17 AM
I have need to investigate Roll sizers. Anyone have experience with one? I need to size down some 9mm brass to load and function properly in my 9mm's but some have suggested a factory crimp die would work just as well.
I don't know. I am seeking input from any and all.
Regards,
Donald

mike in co
09-28-2009, 10:49 AM
consider buying a carbide 9mm sizer, cut the top off,have a machine shop hone it out to 9mm case dia/or plus a thou or so.

have the machine shop build a ram that climps into the shell holder, and you now have a fl sizer that is push thru...

cheaper than a roll sizer......

mike in co
( i designed these for dillon yrs ago they passed on them and now hornady has a 40 on the market)

jmorris
09-29-2009, 02:30 PM
I’ve built a few push through type size dies that work OK but a roll sizer like the case pro will fix burs in the extractor grove as well. Magma engineering sells two different styles of push through sizers.
FWIW the only time I use the ones I’ve built is before reloading brass that went through the loose chambers of an SMG and only then if I am going to use the reloads in a pistol. If it’s going back through one of the machine guns I don’t bother as they don’t care. Everything else I just use a FCD.

ReloaderFred
09-30-2009, 03:07 AM
I have the Magma Case Master Jr., which pushes the case all the way through a carbide die. I have dies for the 9mm family of cases, the 10mm family of cases, and the .45 family of cases. With these dies, I can fully size, including the rim, 9x19, 9x21, 9x23, .40 S&W, 10mm, 9x25, .45 acp and .400 Cor-Bon.

The machines uses an arbor press as it's basis and a ram pushes the case all the way through the die. It's pretty fast with the manual case feeder, but it's also quite a workout.

Hope this helps.

Fred