PDA

View Full Version : 32 acp ammo in 32 Mag revolver?

Shooter6br
09-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Have some 32 acp ammo but no pistol. Read where you can shot 32 acp ammo in a 32 mag revolver Any thoughts?

TAWILDCATT
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM
sure why not??I shoot them in 32 revolvers. :coffee:
I load them,and 32 S&W short and long.

9.3X62AL
09-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Never tried it (yet), but no reason it shouldn't work all right. The only down-side might be the carbon-fouling left behind in the chambers. This doesn't dissuade shooters from firing 38 Specials in 357 Magnum chambers, which is exactly what you're doing in effect.

OK, you prompted me off of my nalgas and into the garage. 32 ACPs fit in the chambers of my Model 16-4 just fine, and well they should--they are resized with the same die. The semi-rim even works to extract the cases using the extractor star, but slip once in a while.

Mind you, I do have a few 32 ACPs floating around the gun safe.

rhead
09-27-2009, 09:18 PM
I have done it. The semi rim would head space the case sufficiently to fire the round but my extractor would not reliably extract the the fire round. My revolver was an old top break single action. I would have to poke about half of them out with a match stick. Hassel but not really a problem.

Larry Gibson
09-27-2009, 11:32 PM
This question comes up periodically. Yes you can fire .32 ACP in .32 S&WL and .32H&R revolvers. Problem is with most .32 S&WLs is the .314 throats and barrels which are not conducive to very good accuracy with the short RN .311 .32 ACP bullets. The mentioned problem with extraction is also figures in. In a pinch they would "do". However, in my Ruger SS (original run) they shoot quite well given the .312 throat and groove diameter. Extraction id also not a problem with the SA ejector. I haven't tried them in my 10" Contender barrel with it's .308 groove diameter but suspect accuracy would be good but not certain about extraction.

Larry Gibson