PDA

View Full Version : You can't start them too early !

Ben
09-27-2009, 09:06 AM
This is a pic of my grandson Trevor. You can't start them out too early. He is interested in EVERYTHING, including all my reloading equipment.

Ben

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/haysb/PICT0001-3.jpg

Shiloh
09-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Give him a few more years. He'll be out in the field or range with you, as well as the reloading room!!

Shiloh

Ben
09-27-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm really looking forward to that very thing ! ! !

Ben

HeavyMetal
09-27-2009, 11:04 AM
To quote Col. John "Hannibal" Smith: Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together!

PatMarlin
09-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Ha! ...put him on gascheck duty Ben. Cute.

WILCO
09-27-2009, 12:11 PM
To quote Col. John "Hannibal" Smith: Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together!

Indeed!!!

Nice picture Ben.

madcaster
09-27-2009, 02:20 PM
A great plan to keep him in the shooting and hunting sports Ben,and a fine looking Grandbaby!

Ben
09-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Many thanks Jeff ! ! !

Lead Fred
09-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Just dont take pics of the kid around firearms. I hear in some parts the state will take the kids away do to being a hazzard to the childs welfare.

Happened last month in NY

Ben
09-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Pretty soon, we won't be able to take their photo around a swimming pool. Dangerous ...you know.

Can't take their photo near a car either.......dangerous also ! !

Dale53
09-27-2009, 08:18 PM
There must be an awful lot of people (do-gooders) with nothing to do. How about they "get a life" and leave the rest of us alone??!!

Dale53

bisley45
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM
thats just great both of my girls used to re load with me when they were little
here is my little one some years back
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/lisa1lacy2/my%20guns/reloading4.jpg

Ben
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Seriously ! !

If we don't get to young people early the " dark side , anti-gun crowd " will. People will only fight for the things that they believe are important. If young voters in future elections don't feel any kinship to the shooting sports or the right to keep and bear arms, they may choose to allow their rights to just disappear as a result of voter apathy.

Everyone needs to be trying to get young people interested in the shooting sports NOW ! !

Many kids now are anxious to play computer games but may never fire a weapon.

Remember.........

Young men and women in the future will only fight for the things that they believe are important.

azcoyhunter
09-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Nice pics, very cute!!!

Amen on keeping kids involved.

I shoot with my grandson, and he and kids just like him are the future!!!!

Ben
09-27-2009, 09:11 PM
He and kids just like him are the future!!!!

No truer words have been spoken !

thebigmac
09-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey guys, I started my sons at an early age, and one grandson won a scholarship to college. Another has started his son shooting before the 1st. grade. My donation towards the gun future..

Ben
09-27-2009, 09:50 PM
thebigmac :

All of today's shooters need to follow your lead ! Thanks for your efforts. If enough of us do that very same thing we will pass on a critically important heritage to the next generation.

Ben

Frank46
09-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Ben, few crumpled rounds =$1, mangled bullets=$2 , picture of your grandson = priceless. Enjoy the both of you. Frank

Buckshot
09-28-2009, 02:04 AM
................Ben, great picture of your grandson. I'm sure you have a picture that shows you as well as him in it. He'll be able to show his own son down the road, "And here's a picture of me and your Great Grandpa, while he was teaching me to reload." HA!

I just got the word a couple weeks ago I too am to be a grandpa sometime around April. We'd about given up hope. Both my daughter and her husband were single children, both have well paying jobs and they love to travel. Her husband's dad and I are already formulating plans on a playhouse or fort out in the kids' backyard, depending on the gender of the springoff!

A grandkid will be great!

..............Buckshot

Ben
09-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Rick :

I know you will enjoy that gran child.

Glad your wait is finally over and you'll be holding that child soon. Can't beat the feeling !

Ben

jlucht01
09-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Gotta love kids. My daughter will tell my wife on me if I don't share my reloading equipment. She wants to play boolits too.

Ugluk
09-29-2009, 04:16 PM
More good news
As grandparents you're officially allowed to spoil them.

TCFAN
09-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Ben

Great photo of your grandson.The other photos are also great.Glad that we are getting the young involved in the shooting sports.

Here is my grandson Jake loading his first round.I thought I would start him out on a easy one to reload. It's a 6.5x55 with a 266324 plain base, and he loved shooting the ones he loaded up..................Terry

50 Caliber
10-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Enjoy them now! In 10 years they will know EVERYTHING about everything![smilie=b:

Buckshot
10-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Enjoy them now! In 10 years they will know EVERYTHING about everything![smilie=b:

..........I'll add to that, their unusually sudden 'Worldlyness' usually applies to their parents more then their grandparents. A parent cannot be their child's pal. While as a grandparent you also cannot let them run amok, I do think grandparents are more pals then anything else. The the "Enjoy them now!" statement, I say amen & amen. Consider, they're only really children for maybe 10 years or so. The whole entire rest of their lives they're mini-adults and real adults.

My daughter is 31 now, and I'd give almost anything to have her be 3 years old again. There isn't anything sweeter then a 3 year old daughter gazing up at you and saying that magic heartmelting word, 'Daddy'.

How time flys. Spend as much time with them when they're small as you can. It's a fleeting thing.

..............Buckshot

50 Caliber
10-02-2009, 10:34 AM
..There isn't anything sweeter then a 3 year old daughter gazing up at you and saying that magic heartmelting word, 'Daddy'.
..............Buckshot
As the Father of 2 Daughters I agree with you whole heartedly. My oldest just graduated high school and started college for nurseing, never see her anymore and miss her ALOT! She was home for 2 hours 2 days ago though.;-)

dsmjon
10-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Awesome thread! I can't wait till mine are old enough to help (and be productive) :)

To the OP, what are the HP boolits in the tupperware, LR corner of the pic?

geargnasher
10-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Just dont take pics of the kid around firearms. I hear in some parts the state will take the kids away do to being a hazzard to the childs welfare.

Happened last month in NY

Makes one sick, doesn't it? Well I don't care what the Nazis think, and no one here or elsewhere should let them dictate their actions. I don't subscribe to fear tactics. Who was it that said more people die from fear of getting ate by a bear than get ate by a bear?

Great pics, all, I have much to look forward too, wife and I haven't produced any yet but we hope to.

Gear

Ben
10-04-2009, 03:01 PM
dsmjon :

Those are Lyman 358009's that are cast from my HP'd mold.

I shoot them in my 358 Win. rifles and my new Ruger # 1 chambered in 35 ACK Improved.

By the way, the 358009 hp is super accurate in my rifles :

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=60124

Ben