PDA

View Full Version : Old Ideal MFG. lube-sizer

bfuller14
09-27-2009, 01:03 AM
I found an older Ideal MFG. lube-sizer. From what I have been able to find out about it is that the Lyman dies will work in the older press.
I would like to know if this is so or will there be any issues with this.

Any and all information will be appreciated. Thank you.

madcaster
09-27-2009, 01:05 AM
They should work just fine.Same with top punches.RCBS should interchange in Lyman.
The difference is when you get into other brands of manufacturer,such as a Herter's sizer,or a Saeco,then no,at least not in RCBS and Lyman.

TAWILDCATT
09-27-2009, 11:28 AM
get a look at the RCBS and Saeco lubers they look like yours and were based on it.the Saeco dies are based on Meepos dies.:coffee:

HORNET
09-28-2009, 12:49 PM
The old Ideal model 45? Good little lubrisizers. They work well but aren't the strongest things made. Don't get carried away trying to size linotype .462's down to .451 in one pass or using it with a set of bump dies or anything. Take it kind of easy on a piece of older equipment and it'll work fine. Lyman/ RCBS dies should fit well but you might need to smooth out the entry to the die hole and maybe remove the o-ring on the sizing die to get it into the press. I believe Lyman can make up a refit kit to change it over to the current style of piston and seal. I've got a couple of them rattling around.

TAWILDCATT
10-05-2009, 09:11 PM
is this an old lyman 45 or one before that.the old one looks like rcbs or saeco with handle crosswise.when your my age old MEANS old.