PDA

View Full Version : Who is 35 mi. east of Dallas?

montana_charlie
09-26-2009, 11:47 AM
A newby on another forum asked what is the best way to get started casting.
My reply said 'watching someone do it' was the best.
He doesn't know anybody who casts, but will ask around.
In the meantime, I thought I would ask around here, for somebody who might give him a lesson or two.

CM

crabo
09-26-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm in Garland on the east side of Dallas. Plenty close for him. Have him pm me.

Jim
09-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Back in '06, I was in the thriving metropolis of Quinlan.

bearcove
09-26-2009, 07:42 PM
My mother-in law! But not me!

montana_charlie
09-26-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm in Garland on the east side of Dallas. Plenty close for him. Have him pm me.
Thanks for the offer. I don't know the guy from Adam, but his name is Ron.
He isn't a member here, so has no access to our PM system.

Do you have a throw-away email address I could give him?
Are you a member at BPCR.net?

I'll try to find out if he has an email addres he doesn't mind sharing. If you give me yours via PM, I will also use PM to pass it to him.

CM

crabo
10-16-2009, 10:31 PM
I met with this new caster Thursday night. We had a number of email conversations and a couple of phone calls before we got together. He is a nice guy loves shooting and guns as much as I do. I think I may have a new shooting bud.

I would like to recommend that you take the plunge and introduce someone else to casting. This is the 4th shooter I have helped get started in the casting game. I would recommend do some conversations by emasil and phone before you get together.

We were making jokes about what kind of weirdo the other guy was before we met. I told him to meet me at a local resturant and I would be the skinny guy with a lot of hair. That way I could bail if I didn't like the way he looked and no one would be the wiser.