PDA

View Full Version : Another Hollowpoint mould bought

Ohio Rusty
09-26-2009, 09:43 AM
I'd been watching that Lee .150 GR .38/.357 SWC HP mould for the last 7 days. Last night I jumped on it and got it for a pretty good price. That is the 2nd of these I now have. It seems the .150 grain hollowpoint isn't nearly in demand as the .158 grain hollowpoint mould that Lee used to produce. The .158 moulds go for as high as $70. I got this one for lessthan half that. A measly 8 grains in a pistol bullet isan't going to make much difference in accuracy anyway since most hollowpoint bullets are intended for short range defense. On e thing I did on my other hollowpoint mould was to take 800 grit sandpaper and polish the tip of the hollowpoint mandrel. That seemed to help the boolet let go easier after the mould is opened.
Looks like I'll be able to start casting with two of the same mould and when one gets too hot and sticky, switch to the other. Hollowpoint moulds are getting harder to get, and more expensive to pay for. When I can get one fairly cheap, I'll take it.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Buckshot
09-27-2009, 12:11 AM
..............Treat them with the utmost care (especially closeing the blocks) and you'll get a lot of good boolits out of'em.

..............Buckshot