PDA

View Full Version : Casting Pot is on the way to the House today and Mold is Shipping today!

Muddy Creek Sam
09-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Howdy all,

I guess the Adventure is going to start some, will be graduating from 2 cavity RB molds with pure Pb and starting on 6 Cavity Bullet molds with Alloy's. Hope it doesn't become too frustrating in the begining. Eager to shoot my own pills. I have the Lee 4-20 Bottom pour and 2 Big lube molds coming. All advice will be greatly appreciated. I will be ordering my Star and Dies after the First. Will be loading and shooting With Goex and am starting with lube sticks I got from Springfield a couple of years back. Calibers are 38 and 38-55.

Have a great day, I am,

Sam :D

Vance in Ak
09-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey Sam.

I'm in the adventure with you!
I use to cast a LOT of pure lead RBs for my muzzle loaders, and a few maxis. Haven't done it for years. With bullet prices getting where they are now I picked up a used RD 360 .460 mold to use in my 450 Marlin Guide Gun. I have a used 4-20 pot & 75# of WW ingots on the way.
Need to get some lube & GCs.

runfiverun
09-25-2009, 10:04 PM
clean them molds,when they get there,if steel look for the kroil thread.

qajaq59
09-26-2009, 08:11 AM
You'll likely get a little frustrated but you'll get it all straight pretty quickly. Get the temperature right on the pot and the mold, and be sure that mold is squeaky clean. If you do that you'll be well on your way to success.